Monday, March 11, 2013

Weigh-in: Week 57


Honesty has always been the hallmark of this endeavor.  It's essential to making it work.  So it is with great honesty that I say that I royally f'd up this past week.  Since the middle of the week last week I have been eating without inhibition and taking a ton of garbage into my system.  I've basically been on a food bender.  It's over now, but I have much regret about my recklessness.

Last week my cousin re-posted my blog and said that I was his inspiration.  That felt good back then.  Now it feels like I've let him down big time and a few more of you that not only read this regularly, but look at my quest like a partnership that you take part in.  Ultimately, this about me, but I do apologize to you, my readers, for chucking it all aside and bingeing.

Today was a real good day.  I ate better than I have in the recent past and I got on The Dreadmill and did 45 minutes and about 2.2 miles.  This week will be the best yet...as will the one after.  I am setting my sites on my June 5K event and I am so far from ready, it is starting to scare me a bit.  Enough with the bullshit and on with the task at hand.

The scale here shows that my wicked ways put a whole 3.6 lbs. back on me.  I won't even get into the body fat and water percentages, because at this point, they become moot.  But the good news is that this is not the beginning of the end, it is the end of a big bump in the road.  It's along drive to 195.  I suppose there were bound to be a few potholes and flats along the way.

Cya next time,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ I got these vegetable souffle thingies from Costco that are 150 calories.  They aren't great, but they are a decent breakfast from a nutritional value standpoint.
Lunch ~ 3 slices of thin lean ham and two thin slices of Alpine Lace smoked provolone, w/light mayo and jalapenos on a multi-grain wrap (around 200 calories!) and a side salad with homemade vinaigrette and toasted pine nuts.
Dinner ~ A lovely piece of salmon with a mustard glaze, rice and stir fried vegetables, prepared by my Aunt H.  Great tasty, healthy meal.
Exercise ~ 2.2 miles in 45 minutes on the treadmill.  I ran some, but not much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment