Monday, April 15, 2013

Weigh-in: Week 62

Someone asked me the other day if I will be super-psyched to go over the minus 100 lb. mark.  It didn't take me long to respond.  My answer?  Nope.  Here was my reply: "First off I know in reality that I am already 220 lbs lighter than 10 years ago and 120 lighter than 20 months ago.  I've been around this weight more or less in the past and put it back on again.  That being said, no time to celebrate. There is much farther to go."

For that exact reason, I didn't freak out today when I hit the scale and it told me that I was at minus 99.8 lbs.  A measly 0.2 lbs away from the magic (or what other people see as magic) 100.  maybe I should have got more of a haircut last week or clipped my nails first.  There wasn't going to be a ticker tape parade anyway, so I soldier on.  I'm happy with the progress this week.  I lost 3.6 lbs. and exercised pretty much daily.  Body fat dropped to 39.4 % (a 0.6% decrease) and water weight rose 0.4% to 43.5.

I will stay the course with exercising this week.  It will be tough, because work is jam packed, but it's worth it to make time.  Next Monday, when I cross the 100 mark via my weigh-in, I will announce the winner of a free Magic Bullet blender that was promised way back when.  Almost all the guesses thought I would cross the finish line much sooner than I did.  I knew it would be longer, but frankly not this long.  This is all about slow weigh loss, life changes and permanent health.  I'm doing it right this time.

Cya next time,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Egg McMuffin and coffee
Lunch ~ A chopped salad with turkey, ham and a bunch of assorted veggies
Snack ~ Carrots and hummus
Dinner ~ Broiled salmon, spinach, cauliflower with sweet potatoes and chick peas in a madras curry and brown rice pilaf.
Exercise ~ The 2 mile 30 minute walk video

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to my friend Alex for pointing out that I originally wrote that I was down 98.8, instead of 99.8 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep walking! It works!

    ReplyDelete