Thursday, May 15, 2014

Back to Reality

The reality of the whole situation is that my back is a mess.  Hey there, weight-loss fans. Thanks for gracing these pages with your time.  I've been coping with severe back pain since last Saturday, so that has been consuming much of my head space.  I just got up from a chair last week and BOOM!  Pain.  There's been several trips to my chiropractor this week and I am getting some relief, but I'm far from 100%

The good news that being off my feet for much of the week has greatly improved the condition of my right knee.  I guess it just needed the rest. The not so great news is that tomorrow, Friday the 16th, I have my first solo gig at a local restaurant/bar.  I've never carried a whole night by myself before and singing with back pain, wasn't the way I wanted to start.  As my friend Linda told me, "Just say yes to drugs!"  That's a funny line, but I may just have to medicate, prior to leaving.

One might be inclined to blame my recent relapse and weight gain for the back issues.  The truth is that I have always had them, so I won't use that as the sole excuse.  But I can't ignore that I'd be in a much better place with my back pain if I didn't carry so much weight up front. To that end, I am still determined.

Speaking of my determination, I've been fairly solid since we last spoke. Aside from the one wine at dinner which I wrote about last week, no alcohol for this guy.  My meals have been sensible, not Spartan.  I'm enjoying my food.  Being on the couch and icing my back doesn't help in burning calories, but I'm happy that I am still steadfast in maintaining a lifestyle change.

There's plenty to write about these days and I hope to find time this weekend to spout off on a host of topics.  You all be well until the next time we meet.

Cya,
M

What I ate today:
Breakfast ~ On my way to "The Shaman", aka my chiropractor, I grabbed an eggwhite McMuffin and a coffee.
Lunch ~ Mom arrived from Maryland in need of sustenance.  I whipped up a quickie tuna salad, which we ate on 100 calorie sandwich thins and I had a bit of beef barley soup with mine.
Snack ~ I have been tossing down some homemade pickled cukes and carrots here and there.  Spicy crunchy deliciousness.  Mmmmmm...
Dinner ~ I enjoyed some pea soup and about 3 oz of flank steak, plus mixed veggies, a pile of cabbage and an O'Douls.  I brought half home for another meal.  I like getting a meal that I enjoy and only eating half. It makes my restaurant experience so much more fulfilling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment