Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Three Day Recap: 05.05.14


Here's a quick rundown of my last three days, in which I think I did pretty darn good.  This past weekend I had the opportunity to celebrate the 50th birthday of my friend Gordon and the 50th of perhaps my oldest dear friend, Donna.  At these gatherings I managed to A: Not drink, B: Lay off fatty snacks and C: Avoid the cake.  At both parties, I did allow myself about 6 chips or pretzels with salsa or guac, I ate meats and veggies off the grill without benefit of buns, and steered clear of cheese on anything.  There was plenty of opportunity to indulge, but rather than see it as temptation, I really didn't want any of it.  There was no longing for the seven layer dip or macaroni salad.
Dessert did nothing for me.  I didn't feel deprived in the slightest.  The proper mindset is coming back to me and life is good.  All I want is to eat something healthy, or at the very least do no damage.


Today was no exception.  I ate well all day and this evening went to my poker league.  Poker nights are usually a opportunity to not only spend way too much money on food an drink, but it turns into almost a Bacchanalia of indulgence.  Tonight I ate at home.  At poker I enjoyed two O'Doul's non-alcoholic beers and that was it.  I wound up spending about a quarter of what I usually would and was alert and wide awake the whole evening.  Usually I am in a fog after a few drinks and a big meal.  I guess it showed in my playing, because out of three eleven-person tournies, I took a first and a second.

It seems like I am back strong.  Sure.  One day at a time.  I won't be doing a victory dance until I am done, but I am happy with this turnaround in mindset.

Cya next time,
Mike

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Coffee w/fat-free half and half and blueberry flax granola w/almond milk
Snack ~ A 100 calorie yogurt
Lunch ~ A fish taco, much like showed the other night
Snack ~ About 6 whole wheat pretzel sticks
Dinner ~ I cracked open the grill for the first time this season.  I grilled up eggplant, red peppers, asparagus and turkey burgers.  On my burger I had some home made guac made from the pico leftover from last week and some fresh avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment