Friday, May 2, 2014

I Kneed You Now

More like, I need a new knee now. Okay.  That's an exaggeration.  For years I had no issues with my knees. Sure, the normal aches and pains that go along with aging, but nothing debilitating.  Recently I was in the kitchen and a lateral movement caused a sudden, sharp pain in my right knee. I really didn't think much of it.  A week later I was in a doctor's office having Lake Erie drained from my from the offending joint.  He back-filled it with cortisone.  The x-rays show typical arthritis for a fifty-year-old.  The doctor was surprised after I told him what I once weighed.  He was shocked that my knee was in as good a shape as it was.

Fast forward three weeks.  I still have pain and now an MRI is in order. Doc says that walking is out of the question for exercise.  This means I have a $1500 coat rack in my living room as the dreadmill is useless.  I will likely need some surgery to repair and hopefully four weeks after, I will be as good as new... or at least as good as previously owned and dealer certified. 

Cya next time,
Mike

What I ate today:
Breakfast ~ An egg sandwich on a 100 calorie bagel thin.
Lunch ~ Pressed for time I grabbed an hand full of almonds and a small bowl of cereal with almond milk.
Dinner ~ About 4 ounces of rotisserie chicken and a mountain of Brussels sprouts.  I sauteed up an entire 10 oz. package with various ingredients like one slice of bacon (crisp, grease drained off), onion, garlic, a teaspoon of maple syrup and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. The whole plate was around 400 calories and 14g fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment