Friday, May 9, 2014

Weekly Recap: Friday 05.09.14

Howdy, partners.  I am in a cowboy kinda mood I guess, because I just got back from dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse.  I can sum up the week pretty easy in a few sentences, then I will circle back around to tonight's vittles.

My week went very well.  My eating was on point every day and despite feeling a little "blue" about my current relationship status, I didn't seek to sooth the malaise with garbage. That was Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then Friday came...

Today was stressful.  I will spare you the boring details, but come five o'clock, my friend Alex and I were scheduled to have dinner.  I broke my week-plus long abstinence from alcohol and enjoyed a long pour of Cabernet.  I've had fish or chicken most of this week and when I saw that the Longhorn had dinners under 500 calories that included steak, I said, "Okay.  Some red meat won't kill you, or even worse, derail you."  I am a little regretful about breaking the seal on my wine embargo, but it was a one off thing.  It will be a while before I tipple again.

Before I leave you, a big shout out to Bill and Fiona, who celebrate 27 years today and Tom and Sue, who mark 44 years of wedded bliss tomorrow.  Bravo, folks.  Love you all.

Cya next time,
M

What I ate today:
Breakfast ~ Blueberry flax granola w/half a banana and almond milk
Lunch ~ Leftover turkey burger and roasted eggplant tossed with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and 1 oz. of whole wheat pasta.
Dinner ~ Caesar salad (no croutons, of course), asparagus, a 7oz. flat iron steak and my wine probably were about 700 calories in total. The day likely came in around 1700 calories, so all-in-all, not tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment