Sunday, December 9, 2012

A.L.O.E. 12.09.12

Another week draws to a close.  Week 44 is all but behind us.  I could have had a baby in this time and taken four weeks to convalesce.  My uterus isn't up to the task though.  So instead, I have lost an adolescent, or the equivalent at least.  I hope that tomorrow I step away from the scale with even less under my belt.  A belt that needs to be replaced again, by the way.  Here is this week's A Little of Everything.

Easier Everyday 
Last week I wrote about how things were getting harder.  And overall, that is absolutely the case.  But something is getting easier.  The Dreadmill.  Nine days into December's quest for fifty miles before the new year, the treadmill, re-dubbed The Dreadmill, is getting easier.  I am almost, kinda sorta, looking forward to getting on it.  There is a feeling of accomplishment and pride that comes at the end of a walk/run.  About 85% walk and 15% run to this point.  Today I logged 2.3 miles in 45 minutes, with 5 minutes of that running at 4 MPH.  This month I have logged 16.7 miles on my way to fifty.  Right on pace.

Milestone
A small milestone went unmentioned yesterday and I wanted to crow a bit.  The post that I published yesterday, "What Is The Point?" was my 250th post of The Drive to 195.  It's mind boggling that I have put out 250 of these.  Even more mind boggling that a number of you have read each one.  I salute you, dedicated readers!  With 13,600 page views from from over 10 countries, I found something curious.  The most views come from the United States, of course, but, even with friends and relatives in the UK and a brother in Saudi Arabia, the second most views (464) have come from... Russia.   Huh?!

That's all for today!  I am very excited to weigh-in tomorrow.

Cya,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ I slept through a reasonable breakfast time today and got on The Dreadmill.
Lunch ~ Off to the shut yer Whole Foods Market and had a lunch prior to grocery shopping of chicken tikka masala over brown rice and a unsweetened orange beverage
Snack ~ two carrots and sun dried tomato hummus
Dinner ~ I tweaked my salmon cake recipe a tad and they were the best ever.  I think I may re-publish the revised recipe.  We ate them with some sauteed broccoli rabe.
Exercise ~ 2.3 miles in 45 minutes on The Dreadmill

No comments:

Post a Comment