Thursday, December 6, 2012

W.I.M.H.W. 12.05.12

I'm a day late, so we will call this one What's In My Head this Week.  It's been a busy one and an everyday exercise routine eats up a good chunk of time, so it becomes increasingly harder to blog.  But I will find a way to get it done.  Let's jump into it.  Times a wastin'.




Sometimes You Just Know
I am a tactile, show me kinda guy, as if I were from Missouri.  I like to see proof, or at least some support of evidence before I make a determination.  Perhaps that is why I am not very religious.  With this weight loss thing though, I seem to have a sixth sense for the weeks where I am losing weight and those in which I am not.  This week, for instance, I am feeling quite optimistic about my Monday weigh-in.  Do I feel lighter?  No.  In weeks where I have gained some weight, do I feel heavier?  Do my clothes fit any differently? No.  I just know.  I can't explain it.  I just do.  My wife has an uncanny sense when it comes to her body.  She is extremely in touch with what's going on.  For the most part, I have no clue what is going on inside of me.  If Tab eats something healthy and nutritious invariably she says she feels a certain way afterward, whether it is more energetic or more alert.  And no...she doesn't use caffeine or much in the way of sugar.  Weight loss for me is something I just know.  Makes no sense to me, but it I feel good when I have these weeks.  I have a general feeling of well being in knowing that it is a week of solid progress.  There is a certainty that positive (negative?) movement will be shown on the scale.  We will once again test this theory come Monday.

Iran?  No I Ran.
How many "I ran" references can we put in this?  There's that Flock of Seagulls song, the country Iran and one other really good one.  I RAN.  I actually ran.  Yeah.  ME!  It wasn't much, but I ran.  Maybe it was more of a jog and it was only for two minute bursts, but dammit, I ran.  Ten short months ago the thought of me even walking briskly, let alone running, was totally absurd to me.  Yet this week on the treadmill, I pushed the bounds of my comfort and decided to try it.  I first jumped the speed up to 3.5 miles per hour and then to 4.  I sustained running for 2 minute intervals, several times during my walking at what I guess was an average speed of 3.8 MPH.  This wouldn't be a big deal to most of you.  To me, it is huge.  I'm a guy who once had a 72 inch waistline.  I guess that was huge too.  My arm may break from the self back patting.  Did I mention that I ran?

That's all for now.  Cya next time,
M

What I ate and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ on the run with an Egg McMuffin and decaf
Lunch ~ a chicken sandwich w/roast red peppers, and balsamic
Dinner ~ becoming a fav in our house, pan seared tilapia over kale and canellini beans
Exercise ~ 45 minutes on the treadmill and 2.25 miles.  oh...and I ran

1 comment: