Monday, December 3, 2012

A.L.O.E. 12.2.12

Hey there, you.  How ya been?  I've been keeping busy.  So much so that I sit here at 11:48 EST doing my thing here.  I'm pooped to say the least but I've been remiss in posting these last few days.  I need to stay in touch with you folks and keep you up on my goings on.  And now I bring you A Little Of Everything.

I.O.U.
This whole weekend I have been telling myself that I need to knock out a few blog entries, but knocking them out isn't fair to anyone who takes the time to visit me here.  You deserve better.  So, please accept my I.O.U. for one general post (it's about 1/3 written) and one food post.  Laura P. in CT, your risotto recipe is forthcoming.

It's Getting Hard
This falls more under the more heady stuff of Wednesday's, but here goes.  Lately I have been struggling.  I'm finding hard not to snack on garbage, my car is wanting to drive through any drive-through it passes (I haven't succumbed) and my desire for larger portions is getting stronger.  I am trying to combat that with more veggies.  Just tonight I had three helpings of braised cabbage.  I'm still committed to this.  It's that the damned devil on my shoulder is out of retirement.  Not too many worries there.  It is just getting harder is all... especially around the holidays.

My Gift to Me
December being the holiday season, we should receive gifts, right?  Well I have a weird one for myself.  I decided earlier this week that I would give myself something I really don't like all that much.  The gift of exercise.  My brutal honesty in the blog hasn't gone unnoticed by certain readers and I owe it to myself to get moving.  So after a very heartfelt inquiry at my reunion as to my constant "None" in the exercise log, I decided to make December the month I do at least 50 miles in 31 days.  I plan to walk daily, but I know from past experience that promising such is a tricky proposition.  So far in December I'm clean.  Two days in, and I have done two sessions of 45 minutes and a little over two miles in each.  Thanks, Bill, Marcelle and Chuck for your encouragement.  I'm on it.  And yes, I have been fairly miserable each of those 90 minutes thus far.

Cya Monday for weigh-in,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Poached eggs, crispy speck and whole grain toast cubes, all mixed up.  Decaf 
Lunch ~ Tuna melt with tuna salad, multi-grain bread and vegan non-dairy cheese
Dinner ~ Braised cabbage and apples with chicken apple sausages and an O'Doule's
Exercise ~ 45 minutes and 2+ miles on the treamill

2 comments:

  1. Good job Mike. No 1 said exercise is fun. As
    a matter of fact Bill comes home from the gym everyday and says the gym sucks but he goes. You will find that the weight goes down and you will be rewarded keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed your meals are containing more bread and no greenery as well as increased snacking. Lack of leafy greens, refined carbs and recreational eating are the harbingers of an impending compulsion spiral and I for one am glad to hear that you recognize it and making the effort to be proactive. - Tabitha

    ReplyDelete