Sunday, January 13, 2013

Come Along With Me

I saw something this week that said that 70% of Americans, when asked, said that weight loss was their number one new year's resolution.  I'm guessing that at least half of those 70% have already given up.  But if you are one of the remaining resolute, I would like to extend an invitation.  Be my weight loss buddy.  You can count on me to be here for you anytime, with any question or with anything at all.  

I think that with 85 lbs. lost in 2012 and another 83 or so that will be lost in 2013, I'll make a great companion for you to reach your goals.  The only thing that I ask of you is that you let me know you are along for the ride.  I won't contact you unless you want me to.  I won't berate you and make you feel bad for missteps or transgressions.  I'll just be supportive in your efforts.  I'll be here writing four to five days per week, offering up recipes, the benefit of my experience and some empathy for what you are going through.  The best thing... IT'S FREE.

I'm no trained professional.  I don't even play one on TV.  I am just like any of you.  I now how hard it is to stay on track, but I have managed to lose a few gagillion pounds over the years and learned a thing or two about what will work and, even more important, what won't.  Just leave me a comment that let's me know you are along for the drive.  Or, you can email me at thedriveto195@gmail.com.

Make this the year that you keep your resolution.  Let me help.

Cya tomorrow for weigh-in #49,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal and almond milk
Lunch ~ Homemade chicken soup
Dinner ~ DINNER ROCKED!  My first experience with spaghetti squash made me a fan.  Served with my own turkey meatballs and easy marinara, one serving was about 300 calories.  Add some grated cheese for another 20.  Look for the recipe in this week's food blog.
Exercise ~ none

No comments:

Post a Comment