Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday Salad

This fine looking setting was my dinner this evening.  I wrote in a blog earlier this week that I really enjoyed Panera's Wheat Berry and Roasted Turkey Salad and, as it turns out, so did The Wife. She paired hers with their Butternut Squash Soup. Tonight I did my best to recreate that salad and do a riff on the soup.

The soup recipe will be published sometime soon, but for tonight, I'll throw a very easy oil-free dressing your way that really wowed my taste buds.  It was my way of recreating what Panera Bread had on their salad, a maple balsamic vinaigrette.  I am sure theirs was in no way similar in terms of ingredients, but the results of mine were delicious right out the gate.  I hope you try it and enjoy.

Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
serves 6

Ingredients

  • 3 Tbs REAL maple syrup
  • 2 Tbs tahini
  • 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Method

Either blend all ingredients until smooth or whisk until homogeneous.  I use my Magic Bullet.


Cya Sunday,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Cereal w/almond milk and coffee
Lunch ~ I ate off of the buffet at Wegman's Supermarket.  I enjoyed some eggplant, tilapia and roasted chicken
Dinner ~ The above salad contained spring mix, aforementioned dressing, pistachios, wheat berries, a wee bit of Gorgonzola and roasted turkey breast.
Exercise ~ No formal exercise today, but I did discover I felt much better moving around than resting my back.  I was on my feet a great deal today.  I may walk tomorrow.  We will see how I feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment