Thursday, October 3, 2013

Now Screening...

I awoke this morning to get myself ready to take some tests.  The Wife had signed me up to have some screenings done to test for plaque buildup, carotid artery blockages and abdominal aneurysms.  What a fun way to start the day!  I rushed out, so as not to be late, and got myself poked, squoze like a Tropicana orange and sonogramized.  I'll know in three weeks whether my fate is to stroke out or have my heart explode.  Not that it is either/or.  I am betting my life will be fairly boring in the medical trauma department, but it will be nice to have someone else offer their professional opinion as to such.

Tomorrow I think I will pontificate a bit about Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I seldom if ever stand on a soapbox here, but tomorrow I will. So if flying in the face of everyone wearing pink offends you, you may want to skip the Friday offering.

Cya then
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Fasting for my tests
Brunch as it were ~ A western omelet with whole grain toast, roasted veg and coffee.  They offered the roasted veg as an alternative to potatoes.  When the veggies came they seemed to be drenched in butter or oil.  What was the point?
Dinner ~ Homemade chicken soup from my left over rotisserie chicken. It was chock full of veggies like carrots, parsnips, bok choy, celery and kale.
Exercise ~ My lower back and also between my shoulder blades is a mess.  There won't be any exercise until at least Monday, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment