Monday, November 12, 2012

A.L.O.E. 11.11.12

Hey, there.  How are you?  I do care, so don't say that.  I know that I can't hear you, but if you would like to give me the status update on your general well-being, leave a comment below.  I am late getting to this.  It was supposed to be posted yesterday, but there was a Giant game and I am so busy writing new material under my other pen name, J.K. Rowling.  Busy, busy, busy.  Let's move on to A Little Of Everything so I can get back to my glamorous, busy life.

Thanks, Stranger
I was at the Staples yesterday and the Winnie Cooper look-alike at checkout asked to see my credit card.  I like to pay cash usually, but because printer ink is so ridiculously expensive, it requires either a line of credit or gold bars.  I handed over my Capital One Visa that has a lovely picture of The Wife and I from our honeymoon.  "Wow!", Winnie exclaimed.  "What a nice picture of you both.  You look much different, though."  "Thanks.  That was seventy or eighty pounds ago," I said.  She then remarked "I can tell you've been working hard at it," as she made the obligatory one-fingered clockwise circular motion around her face and shoulders.  That just made my day.

On Yer Knees, Matey
I got a boatload of stuff done over the weekend.  Much of it required me being on my knees or belly, flat on the floor.  This is a position that was formerly not only uncomfortable, but embarrassing and had been long gone from my repertoire, especially since the night I proposed to my wife and, when trying to rise from one knee, wobbled like a Weeble that didn't get the memo and DID fall down.  Awkward!  Anyway, this weekend I managed to do some plumbing under the bathroom sink and install rubberized door sweeps on the exterior doors for draft remediation.  I am not to the point that I can just spring back up to my feet like a gymnast, but I can now get myself standing again without aid of something to hold on to and sounding like a yak in labor.  Plus, I can work pain-free right on the hard surface where before I needed a cadre of pillows to support my orca-like figure.  Add this to the "Yay Me!" list.

Pretty as a Picture
See this picture, here?  Of course, you do.  Okay.  Dumb question.  What is great about this photo is that it is my shopping cart from Saturday at the shut-yer-Whole Foods Market.  Just look at all those fruits and veggies.  There are tomatoes, basil, broccoli, cauliflower, baby spinach, kale, shiitake mushrooms, lemons, a red pepper, kabocha squash, some hemp milk (for The Wife), boxed stock, oatmeal, and I even bought a coconut.  Much of this was for my huge pot of minestrone I made Sunday, but there is plenty left for the rest of the week.  I get a kick out of checking out when usually I look at the folks around me offloading ice cream, cookies and Toasted Sugar Bombs cereal.  Another "Yay Me!"

Cya for the weigh-in later,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Pumpkin Flax Granola and almond milk
Lunch ~ a turkey sandwich w/tomato, avocado, one slice of pepper jack and lite mayo on whole grain bread
Dinner ~ 2 big bowls of minestrone
Exercise ~ none

No comments:

Post a Comment