Wednesday, November 14, 2012

W.I.M.H.W. 11.13.12

I sit here alone with my thoughts whilst Tab is off getting her hairs did.  It's kind of quiet here at Casa Miguel.  The dogs have finally stopped whining and being barky idiots ( I do love my barky whiny idiots though).  Time for me to jot down a few thoughts about where my head is at and what's going on in my life.  Oops...there is the garage door.  Cue the barky idiots.  So much for quiet.

Re-Waisted and Wasted
Before the storms I dropped off a few pairs of pants at the tailor's to take in the waists.  The nice old Chinese lady told me it was going to be close, but she would try.  We don't want the pockets to meet in the back.  Since businesses were closed for the better part of a week around here, I finally got around to picking everything up.  Monday I wore a pair of the slacks that were taken in five inches.  The waist fit great.  Two things I wasn't counting on, though.  The pant legs were a little long and I was stepping on the cuffs all day.  Grrr... shoulda known.  This happened in the summer, too, and I forgot.  Not enough in my belly area to hold them up I guess.  The other thing I didn't think about was how low the crotch would ride.  I mean, I could have smuggled a dozen kittens in my pants, these things were so low.  How I did not realize this before I left the house I will never know.  As a result, I spent the day running around looking like MC Hammer.  That was a wasted $22 on alterations and cleaning.  Live and learn.

Thanksgiving Prep
I have been trying to make a healthier version of one of my most favorite foods of all time...Mom's stuffing.  The traditional stuffing in our house was cubed white bread with a breakfast sausage (usually Jones that comes in a log), onions, celery, poultry seasoning and copious amounts of chicken stock, then baked to make a moist, doughy mass of heaven.  I love this stuff!  Even that declaration is a gross understatement.  I won't be able to recreate the experience of this ultimate comfort food, but I would like to have something that doesn't pack 250 calories and about 10g fat per serving for a side dish.  And I would never eat just one servings worth.  I have been experimenting, but as of this date, nothing close enough.  I am shooting for half the fat and calories, while keeping the same flavor profiles.  This ain't gonna be easy.  Hopefully next week I will post some recipes for holiday alternatives to the stuffing, mashed taters and vegetable sides.  Be sure to tune in next Thursday.

That's all I have on my mind for this week. 

Cya Thursday for a great pork stew recipe,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi Island Vanilla cereal w/ 1/2 a banana and almond milk
Lunch ~ Starbuck's Protein Bistro Box and an iced Vanilla Skinny Decaf
Dinner ~ Turkey, stuffing rice experiment and mixed veggies (kale, carrots, onions, cauliflower, parsnips, chick peas, shiitake mushrooms and peas
Exercise ~ none

1 comment:

  1. Hey, some problems are better than others and this one definitely falls into that category!Bye bye old trou, hello new!

    ReplyDelete