Wednesday, November 7, 2012

W.I.M.H.W. 11.07.12

It's been a while. I haven't sat down and written in weeks.  Why?  I've put a good deal of thought into that and haven't come up with definitive answers, but I have gained a little insight as to why I went AWOL.  I felt like I was under a microscope.  Granted, a self-imposed microscope, but a microscope none the less.  


Yesterday marked the nine-month anniversary of The Drive to 195 project.  After over 230 posts, the feeling that still I needed to sit down and tell the world what I was up to almost every day felt overwhelming.  Why would that be, when the mere fact that I depend on all of you to keep me on the straight and narrow and the success it has brought about should perpetuate my desire to blog each day?  Enter our friend, food addiction.

We've oft discussed the addiction as a separate personality in my life.  The devil on my shoulder that works his influence on me to make poor decisions.  I am thinking that the farther people move away from their addictions, closer toward success, the stronger that voice is that calls out to them.  It's likely why many relapse just hours after leaving rehab.  Lately, that voice has been stronger in my ear and by stepping away from writing, I could feel less guilty about giving in.  Fortunately, for the most part, I only gave in once in the two weeks that I turned my back on this process.  One such misstep came in the form of two or three beers, two slices of pizza, some chips and even a package of peanut M&Ms while at a marathon poker game on Friday, October 27th.  The good news is that that transgression was an isolated incident.  There were smaller ones along the way, but nothing horrific.  The other good news is that I won that poker tournament and used most of the proceeds to buy a ton of produce and healthy foods the following day.  You're welcome,Whole Foods Market.

I feel incredibly bad for turning my back on my readers.  I hear from a good many of you that enjoy reading the blog a derive motivation from it to improve your own lives.  My intent certainly wasn't to walk away from the symbiotic relationship we have.  The addiction has its own agenda though and it was my job to put my agenda first.  I may have failed to stay the course in writing five days a week, but the overall result was that I still managed to lose over 3 lbs. during this time.  That is a testament to the changes I have made and their permanence in my life.  I guess I have truly had a lifestyle shift and it carried me through most of the temptations.

So, now we are back it.  Five days per week you will find me here.  We will all need each other, especially through the holidays.  I look forward to reporting my progress and, as I get ever closer to the magic 100 lb. milestone, I am excited to attain new heights through the end of the year.  Thanks for extending my reach through your support.

Cya tomorrow for a recipe born from Hurricane Sandy,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ I often go very non-traditional for breakfast.  This morning it was the left over Chicken Stoup, which will me tomorrow's recipe of the week.
Lunch ~ Chicken corn soup and beef with Thai basil at a business lunch
Dinner ~ Pork with sauerkraut, apples and kabocha, which will me next week's recipe
Exercise ~ none

No comments:

Post a Comment