Monday, November 26, 2012

A.L.O.E. 11.25.12

Time to recap the holiday weekend that was a minefield for me and my resolve.  Trying to navigate Thanksgiving, a class reunion and a wedding were a lot on my plate, both figuratively and literally.  I'll give you my rundown of the events from a TDT195 perspective and try to be as objective as possible.

Report Card 
Let's look at the weekend like I was taking three courses in school and break it down and grade it individually.  First let's start with Thanksgiving.  Preparation was an A.  I had everything planned out for success.  Patting myself on the back for that one.  Execution of what I consumed would have to be a B-.  My portions were not optimal, and I had a decent amount of wine.  Overall assessment would be a B.

My reunion was a blast.  I had a great time visiting with old friends and even got to sing with the band for a couple of songs.  I always have two downfalls at these kind of events... hors d'oeuvres and alcohol.  I over-indulged on both counts.  I was mindful when I hit the buffet and I am sure that having the feeling that eyes were upon me was helpful.  Overall I would give myself a C for this event.  Too many cocktails and, while there wasn't an absurd amount of hors d'oeuvres, they weren't really necessary.

Tab and I were invited guests and sang at the wedding of two dear friends on Saturday.  The day went pretty much like the reunion did.  Too much to drink (not from an inebriative sense, but a caloric one) and too much to eat.  I would give myself a flat out F on the wedding this weekend.  I had a great time and Gordon and Jen threw a great party, but I just plain overdid it.  Once I have a few drinks, reasoning goes out the window.  That's how I ended up eating cake and having two cups of coffee with Bailey's to finish the affair.  Not good.

So I guess my weekend averages out to a grade of  C-, or even a D+.  I'm pretty disappointed in my performance.  I will say that it felt good putting on a suit and being seen by people.  Especially those that know what I have been doing.  There was a great deal of compliments and acknowledgement for the effort so far and for my appearance.  That felt good.  But honestly, I felt like I not only let myself down, but those who root for me or look to these pages for motivation for their own efforts.  No time to dwell on it, though.  Time to get back on the horse and start slimming again.  I know the scale will not be kind for weigh-in 42.

Cya then,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment