Sunday, September 16, 2012

A.L.O.E. 09.16.12

The end of a great weekend, with excellent weather here in NJ.  It was filled with good times and bitter sweet moments.  There was a big Giants comeback win today against Tampa Bay, an outstanding gig last night and a new home for our foster dog Fay.  She is a wonderful pooch and we were lucky to have her in our lives for the last three months.  Have a long healthy life, Fay.

My Passion
I've been asked in the past what my passion is.  Because most people know that I sing, they might assume that is it.  I also collect wine, although my program these days limits what and how I enjoy it.  But I know the one thing that truly makes me happy is cooking.  I love to create my own dishes.  It isn't always successful, but I am assuming Picasso had a pile of scrap paper near the waste basket.  I'm no Picasso in the kitchen, but perhaps a fro-less Bob Ross with a lot more expletives thrown around.  This passion used to be a gateway for literally an assload of calories and fat.  Now it provides the tools for healthier dishes that still satisfy.  This weekend I got the inkling to do a leaner version of BBQ pulled pork.  I wanted to do it slow in a crock pot because, although I have a smoker, I am not adept at it, nor do I have the time.  Long story less long, today I turned out a crock pot pulled pork that was quite respectable for not using a recipe.  The sauce was all homemade and the finished product came in at around 190 calories for a 4oz. serving (without the bread).  I'll tweak the recipe a little and have to you all in the next week or two.  

I Have To Admit It's Getting Better
We had our first gig in two months last night, having taken the summer off.  I must say that not only did I feel so much better in my clothes, but I truly believe the weight loss is making ma a better performer.  My voice seems stronger and has more endurance over an evening.  Also, my stage presence is MUCH improved.  The Wife always would get on me in the beginning of our music endeavor for standing behind my mike stand all the time.  As if that steel pipe would hide me from the audience.  That would be like a panda hiding behind a piece of bamboo.  Now I find I am more fluid, move more to music and have been told how I look like I love what I am doing.  And the truth is, I do love it much more these days.  I'm so glad it shows.

Cya Monday for weigh-in #32,
M

What I ate today and how I didn't exercise:
Breakfast ~ Grape-Nuts w/craisins and almond milk
Lunch ~ A Panera Pick-Two w/chicken soup and a turkey cranberry panini
Dinner ~ Homemade BBQ pulled pork on a whole wheat bun, w/homemade slaw and pickles
Evening by the fire pit (once this is proofed) ~ 1 Southern Comfort on the rocks


No comments:

Post a Comment