Wednesday, September 26, 2012

W.I.M.H.W. 09.26.12

So here we are again.  It's been a taxing week thus far and that is always a test for my resolve.  The old triggers are buried deeper, but still kick in when stressed, wanting me to resort to food for distraction, relaxation, etc.  Stress can definitely make you want to chuck it all in for a few moments of WTF.  If you aren't text-speak savvy, look up WTF.  The trick is to try to turn those WTFs into WTSs....Want To Succeeds.  It ain't always easy.  Here is What's In My Head this Wednesday.

Still My Kryptonite
Superman had kryptonite.  I have bread.  I've written several times how much I love bread.   I bring it up time and again because it is that ingrained (no pun intended) in my modus operandi and challenges me daily.  I went out to dinner tonight with my family and, of course, they put Italian bread on the table.  I don't want to deprive my dining mates of their bread, so I don't ask for it not to come.  I cannot keep my hands out of that damn basket.  Plus, I ordered some mussels marinara and that screams to have the bread dipped into the sauce.  Bakers must sprinkle crack into these recipes.  Every time you try to get out, it sucks you back in.  F.U., bread.

Is There a Doctor in the House?
On Monday I had a 1:30 appointment with an orthopedist for my neck.  First off, I forgot my wallet at home.  My wife had seen this guy for her back just recently so they had my insurance info, but I had nothing for the co-pay.  The Wife stepped up like a champ and drove my wallet to me.  At 2:05 they called me into the exam room and there I sat, answering emails on my phone and playing Angry Birds while I waited...and waited...and waited.  At 2:35 I walked to the nurse's station and when asked how they could help me, I simply stated "I had a 1:30 appointment."  "You will be seen next, sir."  At 2:42, Dr. Purgatory comes in the room and asks "How are you?"  "I'm not happy.  I had a 1:30 appointment," I replied.  He spent the next five minutes apologizing and making excuses.  I was very close to walking out had he not graced me with his presence at that precise moment.  The whole five minutes I thought, let's get on with this.  I do not want the next person sitting for 72 minutes either.  Thanks, readers, for indulging me in getting that off my chest.  The end result was that I show no signs of arthritis, nor any skeletal issues.  It's all muscular.  He proposed to me that as I lose weight, my body is learning how to carry my head, where as before, especially in sleeping, there was more between me and the pillow or just moving around day to day.  I need to make adjustments on how I use the computer, sleep, etc.  This will take a while to disappear, I can tell.

What the Future May Hold
I have hinted around before that someday I might like to make all of this into a book that includes my story, my philosophies about weight loss and recipes to eat yourself thin.  My good friend Ray has a brother in the publishing realm and Ray tells me that his brother is very interested in hearing from me about a book centered around TDT195.  I will be giving serious thought over the next week or two as to what this book my be like so I can present something coherent to Ray's bro.  I need to have a clear vision of my target audience and what I want them to get out of it.  As a result of this planning, look for more posts in upcoming weeks about the my opinions on weight loss and the whole $20 billion industry.  Feel free to tell me what you would like to see most in a book, what you like about the blog or if you think it's even book-worthy.  I'd appreciate the feedback. 

Cya Thursday,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Pumpkin Flax granola w/almond milk
Lunch ~ turkey, tomato and lite chipotle mayo on whole grain bread
Snack ~ carrots and humus
Dinner ~ mussels marinara, crystal meth bread and 1/2 a stuffed pepper
Exercise ~ none

No comments:

Post a Comment