Sunday, September 2, 2012

A.L.O.E. 09.02.12

September already?  Wow!  Where does the time go?  I think I noticed that around 25 my vision began deteriorating, hair started to gray and days seemed to go by much quicker.  You'd think I would have gotten used to it by now.  It's almost seven months into this and it seems like just yesterday that it all started.  I've figured out how to turn back the scale, now I need to find out a way to turn back the clock.  I guess in a manner of speaking, I am.  Now onto A Little Of Everything.

Not the Knees, Please
After working around the yard last week, I started noticing pain in my right knee the next day.  It's feeling better today, but these types of things are supposed to subside with the weight loss, not crop up.  I'm back to Crossfit on Tuesday, so I hope I can build things up stronger so these issues become less common.

Spatially Less Challenged
Last week I lent my car to our friend Lindsey.  When I went to get in it the next day, I noticed the seat was left much farther forward than my usual full back position.  I eyeballed it and decided to give it a try and see if I not only fit, but was comfortable.  Go figure.  I did fit in comfortably and opted to leave it there.  I no longer required extra space for my formally ample gut.  Much in the same way I easily navigated the turnstiles at Yankee Stadium and most restaurant booths are no longer too small.  One drawback where the car is concerned, though.  I am so used to having that extra space and just flopping myself into the car that I now slam my back and right hip into the car seat when getting in.  I may be less spatially less challenged, but I'm still a creature of habit.  If I slam my back into the seat again, I am going to lose it.

Time Off
In case you are an occasional reader, I wanted to let you know that after my weigh-in on Monday, I will be taking a week off from writing.  Well, I may write, but it will be for future use.  I need a break and although I won't be posting, I'll still be hitting the program as hard as ever.  I hope to use the time to exercise more and find constructive ways to use the recaptured hours, like working on new music for our upcoming gigs.  Don't forget about me, though.  I'll be back on the 10th.

I will see you tomorrow for weigh-in #30,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi Island Vanilla cereal w/fresh blueberries, banana, toasted walnuts and almond milk
Lunch ~ Homemade turkey chili (recipe to come on the 13th) over 1oz. of whole grain pasta
Snack ~ Beef Jerky
Movie ~ I enjoyed ONE handful of a friend's popcorn
Dinner ~ I shared mussels marinara, had a cup of pasta fagioli, barely touched my steak and picked two fried shrimp off my godson's plate.  Oh, yeah...some bread and a glass of wine.  Way full tonight.
Exercise ~ None

No comments:

Post a Comment