Wednesday, September 12, 2012

W.I.M.H.W. 09.12.12

Here is a peek as to What's In My Head this Wednesday.  I'll spare the normal lengthy intro and get right to it.

New Car (Well...new to me)
I picked up a pre-owned vehicle to replace my 2005 Ford Focus that has 190,000 miles on it.  When did they start calling them "pre-owned" by the way?  Is it easier to market than a "used" car?  I guess it similar to what I saw at the Whole Foods Market.  I noticed they were selling dried plums and dried grapes.  Like the raisin and prune-phobic people of the world wouldn't see through that ruse.  Too funny.  Anyway...earlier this year, I would have been very concerned as to the size of the cabin, seats, seat belts, etc.  It wasn't until after I picked up the car and drove it home that I realized it never entered my mind that I might not fit well or be uncomfortable.   I am happy to report that my 2008 Saturn Vue XE is ultra-comfortable and I am riding in style.  If only it weren't a dull gray.  :(

Old School
I am getting old school for October.  Not too old school, but back to basics as I stated last night in my blog. I have decided that since it was so effective in starting me off right, I will be going without meat or alcohol in the month of October, with the exception of one day that I will be attending my friend Ray's Octoberfest.  Other than that, I will steering clear of the steers, pigs and chickens, but will enjoy fish and eggs in moderation.  As for the occasional drink, not for me, thank you.  I'll reassess in November about how I move forward from there.  I think it will help me get things moving back to the 2 lbs. per week rhythm that I would like to be in.  

Still a Pain in the Neck
I am still having neck issues.  I will be seeing a orthopedist in the next week or so to figure out what to do from here.  I'm not comfortable about going back to Crossfit until this is resolved.  I should be kicking myself in the ass to walk more though.  I could probably go to the gym and do some rowing as well.  If you haven't rowed, it is a total body workout.  After doing that I feel like I have been run through the ringer.  You'll be kept posted on the state of the neck, in next week's state of the neck address.

Cya Tomorrow for my chili recipe,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Grape-Nuts cereal w/banana and almond milk
Lunch ~ Lentil soup and a small portion the the behemoth chicken Caesar salad served in trough.  
Dinner ~ Beef, scallops and shrimp w/Chinese veggies, brown sauce on the side and brown rice
Exercise ~ None 

No comments:

Post a Comment