Monday, October 22, 2012

A.L.O.E. 10.21.12

Okay.  The title above is misleading.  The 21st was yesterday and I am writing this on Monday.  So, just pretend for me that it is Sunday again.  That's a good deal, right?  I just whisked you back to the weekend.  If I write like this is still the weekend, go along with it.  Rather than dwell on the past though, let's get into A Little Of Everything.


2X in a Booth
Dinner tonight was satisfying on so many levels.  Just like I didn't feel like sitting down and writing this Sunday night, I didn't feel like cooking either.  So, off to the diner we went.  Satisfaction #1:  I drove there in my Giants hoodie sweatshirt that I hadn't worn in around eight or nine years.  My ROOMY 2X hoodie sweatshirt, that is.  Satisfaction #2: When the hostess asked The Wife if we wanted a table or booth, she turned around to me and said "Is a booth okay?" "A booth would be fine.", I replied gleefully.  I stepped up to that booth with lingering doubts, but I slid into that puppy like it was made for me.  Lots of room to spare.  So I was 2X satisfied in my 2X hoodie sweatshirt.  Dinner didn't suck either.

Gobbler
No.  This isn't a nod to our upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  It's a cry of dismay.  I was on my way to a customer this past week and looked in the mirror to check the job I did shaving.  I was happy to that see I managed a close enough shave, without missed whiskers.  Then I gazed down a bit, lower on my neck.  What the heck is that?  Lose skin?  Heeeeelll no!  As I am losing weight I am getting a gobbler.  Maybe it was the lighting in the car, or shadows playing a trick on me, but I am terrified to think that I might have a skin scarf around my neck when all is said and done.  I better not have to use a pair of tongs to hold the skin out when I shave after 195.

More Neck News
It's been a week now since I noticed a lack of neck pain.  For a while it has gotten progressively better, but this last week, I noticed nothing in the way of discomfort.  It's been so long since I have been without this pain in the neck, I almost forgot what it was like to move freely without fear of agony.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a thing of the past.

Cya later,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Pictured here, a frittata made with red pepper, onion, potato, portobello mushrooms and garlic. Recipe this Thursday.
Lunch ~ Salad with beans and tuna, in a red wine vinaigrette
Dinner ~ Shrimp in creole sauce, over rice.
Exercise ~ none

No comments:

Post a Comment