Saturday, October 13, 2012

Well That Was Fun

Interestingly enough, the original idea for this blog was for it to have a significant amount of space devoted to a diary.  I was going to document the day-to-day life of a shrinking man and his addiction.  Then I realized something.  My life ain't all that interesting and if I wouldn't find it worth reading, who else would?  
Luckily, other content found its way in to fill the space.  But some things might be worth writing about and if nothing else, I get to reflect via putting it out into the universe.  So today is a "Dear diary," kind of day.

The last two weeks have been extremely stressful.  I have already written about Tab's trip to the hospital and, while she is feeling much better, we haven't gotten to the root of her issues.  Her blood work all looks good and she seems satisfied.  Also, last week I came across some issues at work that related to customer returns.  Returns of great size impact my income.  You want to stress me out?   Money is a quick way to do it.  I'm over that now and there were some valuable lessons learned.

This week brought on a whole new load of stress and in deference to the parties concerned, I won't go into details.  I'll just say that it is ultimately up each of us to convey the image by which we'd like to be perceived.  If others have a misconception of where you are coming from or what you are about, it isn't their issue as much as it is yours.  A great life lesson that I learned twenty years ago is that perception is more important than reality in relationships of any kind.  The other person's reality is based on their perception.  You can only control the input they process to reach conclusions.  Once you realize that, you are miles ahead in building strong bonds.  Be thoughtful with your words and actions.  They write the script of the life others view.  As much as we might say it doesn't matter what others think... it does.

At some point I have to wonder how my appearance impacts the perception of how the world interacts with me.  I've written a lot about perceptions of ability and how others see my self-worth, but I don't think I have given much thought to any possibility that my weight could color how others see my intent or character.  I will be looking closely at this in upcoming months as I grow thinner.  I want to be seen as not only a positive force, but as someone who believes they are. 

There has been a great deal of effort put into my body in the last eight months.  I guess it is time to put some effort into the real me on the inside and how I am truly seen in the world.  I don't fault others for what I may see as misconceptions.  Truth is, they may actually have some shred of insight into something I have been missing.  The fault lies with me for not making myself be seen in the way I would like to be.  There is an upside to the tribulations I have encountered this week.  There were some valuable lessons learned without too much cost in the grand scheme of things.  Just a little sleep and some worry.  Perhaps, a few fences to mend.  Now I start fresh with it all behind me and an expanded scope of what Mike.2 will be like when he reaches actuality.

Cya Sunday,
M

What I ate Friday and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ a Starbucks' Protein Bistro Box and Skinny Vanilla Latte
Lunch ~ Tuna on whole grain bread
Snack ~ Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar
Dinner ~ I split a tri-colored with Tab and had seafood over whole wheat spaghetti w/spicy marinara.  I mostly at e the seafood.
Exercise ~ none

No comments:

Post a Comment