Monday, October 1, 2012

A.L.O.E. 09.30.12

The month of September flew by, didn't it?  October first will bring more of a chill to the air and a color-splash throughout the landscape.  It is truly is my favorite time of year.  Except leaf duties, of course.  I hate raking leaves with every fiber of my being.  If it weren't for that, it could be autumn all year long as far as I am concerned.  The season is also bringing some revisions to my program.  Just for the month of October, mind you.  Below I will list a few of the details on this A Little Of Everything Sunday.

Reboot
When using my laptop, I seldom shut it down.  I close the lid and when I open it I go back about my business as before.  That is, of course, until I see things start to slow down a bit.  The programs running are the same and they chug along and run through their scripts, but it would seem with less urgency.  My drive to 195 has gotten a bit like my laptop.  It is supposed to be a slow process, but over the past couple of months I would have liked to have seen a tad more.  So, it's time to reboot.  Go back to the start and begin anew.  As of October first, I will be getting back to the same routine I had in February.  During that month I stayed away from meat and alcohol in order to give myself the best head start possible.  I did allow fish once or twice per week and in October I will do the same.  This will also give me a boost, both mentally and weight-wise, heading into the most treacherous of seasons, the holidays. (DUM, DUM, DUUUUMMMM.  Cue scary music here.)

Bread Again
I am also swearing off white flour in the month of October.  Breads, pastas, pretzels and such have become more than the every so often exceptions that they were meant to be in TDT195.  Whole grains only for me this month.  White flour is practically legalized crack and as the ads told us, crack is whack, yo.  Sigh...I've never been able to pull off that ghetto thing too well.

It's Not Easy Being Uncheesey
I limited dairy as well in the opening stages of this project.  In the last few months, I have seen cheese become too prevalent in my food logs, so I will try to limit that as well.  I'll still have the small amount of parmigiano on my pasta or in a soup or salad, but no slices of anything in my sandwiches and omelets.  My only dairy will come in the form of my fat free half and half for my decaf.

One Day
There is one day when these rules will not apply.  My friend Ray hosts an annual block of parties in each of the weekends of October.  This coming Saturday I will drive up to his lake house in Connecticut and I will enjoy a few beers, some meat off the grill and perhaps white flour here or there.  Then on Sunday it is back to the vegetarian life until November first.  Beef jerky, you will be missed.

Cya for Weigh-in on Monday Night,
Mike

What I ate on Sunday and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Basic 4 cereal and almond milk
Lunch ~ Turkey, ultra-thin sliced cheddar, roasted peppers and lite chipotle mayo on whole grain bread
Dinner ~ Turkey chili on whole grain elbows w/lite sour cream and hot sauce.
Exercise ~ none

2 comments:

  1. I've been using an organic rice, potato and soy pasta called Bionaturae. Unlike other gluten free stuff I've tried, this is really good. They offer spaghetti, penne and twists I think. I find the gluten bloats me terribly. This doesn't and it doesn't taste like cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, Bionaturae consistently wins America's Home Test Kitchen's taste tests for whole grain pasta. I use it often, although I have never tried their gluten free varieties. Thanks for sharing with everyone!

    ReplyDelete