Sunday, June 10, 2012

A.L.O.E. 06.10.12

The end of another weekend and the end of another TDT195 week.  This weekend was relatively uneventful with the exception of a fall I took yesterday.  I guess it is a sign of old age when you fall and scrape scads of flesh from your limbs.  At least I didn't break a hip, but my right wrist and forearm are all battered and bruised.  It almost looks as though I botched an effort to end it all.  Here I sit, though, mostly intact, bringing you A Little Of Everything on this A.L.O.E Sunday.


Bacon Envy
I was at a training event for work earlier this past week and on the sandwich platter was a wrap that was loaded with bacon.  Bacon may very well be one of the few things I miss having in my food repertoire.  I was definitely coveting my coworker's lunch plate, wanting that salty, smokey, bacony fix.  Beef jerky comes close to satisfying my Oscar Meyer jones, but nothing compares to the real thing.  When we were packing up after the class, I saw a lonely half strip of bacon on the platter, perfectly done to my crunchewy liking.  I seized the moment and greedily snatched it up, savoring every nuance.  In retrospect, I didn't report that on my food log for Tuesday.  Sorry for the omission.  I am not sorry for the digression.  That half slice of bacon may have been the highlight of my week, second only to scale-reading on Monday.


Funny What People Notice
Last Monday at a meeting with one of my distributors, the GM of the branch was complimenting my coworker on his appearance and that he looked like he lost some weight.  This wouldn't normally be of significance, but the coworker in question is all of 168 lbs. and, perhaps, dropped 10 to get there.  We've spoken about my aversion to attention regarding my body.  Hence, it seems counterintuitive that I actually felt a little slighted.  Here, I had just a couple of hours earlier clocked in a 14.5% loss since I last saw this guy.  Honestly, his opinion doesn't carry much weight with me (no, not a pun), so why would I take exception to the lack of recognition?  People are strange...and I be a people.


Man Does Not Live By Bread Alone
But this man sure could.  Not to make this a theme day of things I miss, but bread is on the list.  I do eat bread regularly, but it is almost exclusively whole or sprouted grains (I'll explain sprouted grains another time.)  The point of bringing it up today is that I am finding it hard to acquire breads that fit the above criteria.  I don't always shop at Whole Foods Market and wish the more mainstream supermarkets would carry more healthy choices.  I generally don't like sucking down 100 calories a slice, especially if the fiber and nutritional values aren't up to snuff.  It just goes to reinforce what I've said before; be prepared.  If I want bread, I need to get to where the good stuff lives.


Cya for Monday for Weigh-in #18.  Why don't I feel like I've made progress this week?  We'll see in the morning.
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi 7 Grain Nuggets w/banana, fresh blueberries, toasted pecans and almond milk
Lunch ~ Sliced rotisserie chicken w/grilled onion and chipotle lite mayo on a whole grain sandwich round
Snack ~ Fat free Chobani peach yogurt 
Dinner ~ Tom Yum soup with chicken and a brown rice vegetarian sushi roll
Exercise ~ Yard work today.  Not as much as I would've liked, but coming off a gig last night which my back was problematic, it was enough

No comments:

Post a Comment