Monday, June 4, 2012

Weigh-in: Week 17

Hard work is certainly paying off.  I spent the weekend doing hard labor in the yard and the warden rewarded me with no back pain, very minimal fatigue and just a few blisters.  I should rephrase the 'hard work' part.  It really hasn't been all that hard.  Changing my mindset has definitely been a conscious effort and I have had to fight off my demons at times, but hard work?  No.  I've been enjoying my meals, missing little and having a ball watching some of my enthusiasm spread to other people's efforts.


When I got up this morning I had high expectations.  Despite the dreary, gray morning, I was eager to start the day and hop on the scale to see if my 50 had arrived...or left.  Well, 50 must have made a sneaky exit sometime last week, because it was decisively trounced.  As you can see by the tale of the scale, I am currently at 310.8 lbs., have a body fat reading of 59.2% ( a 0.7% drop!) and water rising to 27.1%.  Weekly loss: 4.2 lbs. Total loss to date: 52.8 lbs.



I did promise some interim before and after pictures, so I will include somewhat of a comparison here.  One might think that I was intelligent enough to take a before picture at the start of this process, wouldn't one?  One would be wrong.  I have very few pictures of my prior room-filling self.  Here is one from April of 2011, in which I was more or less the same size as 2/6/12.  This standing picture is from today, 6/4/12.  Not the greatest, but I do see a difference.  I'll post better ones at 299.




I couldn't be happier with the result to date.  I am now targeting 299.  WOW!  Just typing a figure under 300 gets my adrenalin pumping.  I can't wait!


Thanks for reading, as always.  


Cya tomorrow,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 7 Grain Nuggets, banana, toasted pecans and skim milk
Lunch ~ Tuna salad on a multi-grain sandwich round
Afternoon snack ~ Gave in to a Starbucks Mocha Lite Frapaccino and some almonds
Dinner ~ Rotisserie chicken breast and a great eggplant, white bean and tomato side dish I threw together
Exercise ~ Walking for 20 minutes



4 comments:

  1. Awesome job young Padawan. Keep up the good work.
    Tom Selleck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to imagine, I know, but I am at a loss for words. "Congratulations" seems so lame for such a monumental achievement, so I'll go with "WoooooHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"
    You are inspiring.
    Aunt H

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Keep it up Mike!!! Congratulations on the journey!!!

    ReplyDelete