Sunday, June 17, 2012

A.L.O.E. 06.1712

Feeling quite fatigued this evening.  Even though I got a lot accomplished today, it was all fairly light duty.  (I said duty, not doody, you knucklehead.  Are you 12?  lol)  Anyhoo, today I got up with the pups, made my breakfast and cleaned up the stuff in the sink.  Then I mowed the lawn, mended a fence (a real fence, not a metaphorical one), went grocery shopping and to the Home Depot.  When I got home; had lunch, raked out and reseeded the front yard, planted my basil plants in a pot and that was it until I made a light dinner.  It sounds like a lot more than it was.  My fatigue levels must react based on how things sound I guess.  Here's a few items for our A Little Of Everything Sunday.


Not a Good Eating Weekend Week
This weekend, this whole week, rather, was a bit of a challenge.  Thursday was a golf outing complete with buffet meals with few healthy choices.  Friday we took my sister out to dinner and I had a few drinks, plus the crab-stuffed shrimp I had ordered seemed heavier than expected from the menu description.  Yesterday, two parties.  Not a great many choices there, either, although I did select as best I could in each situation.  Overall, I am not all that happy with my performance this week.


You Skinny Mother *#$%&!
It was rather amusing yesterday when visiting with our dear friends for their annual Father's Day BBQ.  I was greeted with "Hey, Skinny" a number of times and one rousing "You Skinny Mother *#$%&!" from my friend T.  LOL  Hardly.  But the wife was quick to point out how very noticeable my weight loss is.  She asked me if I see it.  I really don't too much.  Then again, others have a different vantage point than I do.  I feel far from a Skinny MoFo, but I'll take what I can get.


A New Golf Experience
While tooling around the fairways of a Long Island golf course this past week, I was struck by a few things.  Fortunately, golf balls weren't among them.  One was that at the end of the day I felt pretty good.  Usually, in finishing the back nine, I am ready to pack it in long before the last putt is sunk.  Not this time.  A second new development was in the cart.  For the first time I recall, I could drive the cart without the steering wheel rubbing against my ample belly.  I have gone home too many times with black streaks across my shirt from the wheel.  I had a good three to four inches to spare.


Number 19 Tomorrow
I know I say this all the time, but I am not feeling too good about weigh-in this week.  Aside from the scale acting weird last Monday, I felt the results were suspect.  Mostly because of the varied results I kept getting all over the map until I settled in at 306 two times.  We'll see...


Cya then,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Scrambled Sausage Mikemuffin
Lunch ~ Ham and smoked turkey, avocado, tomato and chipotle low fat mayo on a multi-grain sandwich flat
Dinner ~ Chicken Burger on a sandwich flat with a big salad.
Exercise ~ Yard work

No comments:

Post a Comment