Monday, June 11, 2012

Weigh-in: Week 18

If you read last night's post, you know I wasn't expecting much this week.  I ate out for business several times, had a couple glasses of wine, and while I wasn't off course, I didn't feel there was anything extraordinary that would lead to the kind of loss I saw last Monday.  That is why this morning's gravity test to see how much I suck wasn't one I looked forward to.  But it is gravity that sucks, not I.  I rule.


I may need new batteries for the scale.  I felt like I was taking a step class since I had to get on and off so much this morning.  The first two attempts were greeted with error messages, reminiscent of the old "one at a time, please" I always expect to see.  After that, if took forever for the thing to give me a result.  It said 304.8.  That couldn't be right.  Besides, I always make sure I get two identical results to make things official.  I took my pictures all the same and then remounted the twelve-inch-glass-disc that has the power to change moods in the blink of an eye.  306.  Hmmm.  Sounds more plausible, but much, much more than I hoped for.  Third reading was a charm.  306 lbs. it was!  Holy mackerel!  I lost 4.8 lbs. this week!  The total is now an 18-week loss of 57.4 lbs.  Body fat was a one-week record loss of 1.3%, down to 57.9%.  Water percentage rose 28.

I am champing at the bit (Do you say 'chomping' at the bit?) to get to 299.  I can't fall into the trap of expecting these kind of results weekly, so I will bask in my success for only a short time.  Then it is time to get back to my daily life.  A life that I am enjoying more each day.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Italian Egg Mikemuffin: 1 egg, a slice of ham and a quickie roasted cherry tomato and basil spread that I whipped up, on a multi-grain sandwich round.  A tasty 260 calories.
Lunch ~ Amy's Samosa burrito
Mid-afternoon ~ Decaf Mocha Lite Frappaccino and some almonds
Dinner ~ Rotisserie chicken.  I should have had much more veggies/fruit today.
Dessert ~ I was wanting something more when I got home after a quick outing, I had a bowl of cereal.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! great job! good to see you Sat night.
    Keep up (or do I mean down) the good work!

    mary ann

    ReplyDelete