Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's In My Head Wednesday 06.20.12

Hump day is about feelings, observations and my outlook on the progress of the project.  Well one thing I can tell you, I am feeling hot and sluggish in this sweltering northeast heat and humidity.  Being a fat man in summertime has never been fun.  I'll spare you the details, but take my word for it.  It ain't a picnic.


Outlook
I'd love to say that when I am in the throws of being Mr. TDT195, everything is positive and my outlook is always sunny.  The truth is that sometimes it is frustrating.  There are days when 195 seems like too far a distance to get to.  There are days when I just don't want to cook a healthy meal packed with veggies.  I'd rather just grab something out of the fridge and throw it in the microwave.  I'm human, just like you.  I imagine that folks look at me and think I've unlocked some magic formula that always puts me in a happy place where motivation is plentiful and determination is steady.  I will admit that I am much more positive and determined than ever, but some days it's a little harder.  The magic part is pushing through and not letting those moments throw you.


Wishing I Could Help
I have quite a few friends that are in the same boat I have been all my life.  They yo-yo back and forth with their weight and the second 'yo' is always higher than where they started.  It really does pain me to watch, much like I am sure that it has been painful for my loved ones to watch me struggle over the years.  I have wives come to me and ask "Can you talk to him and let him know how you are doing it?"  I politely tell them that I cannot.  The switch has to go off in his own head and he has to decide.  I can't transplant motivation for a healthy life.  We all have our different tipping point.  If only there was a mechanism that could allow me to help others find that catalyst for change, but people want a magic bullet.  It's as mythical as unicorns I'm afraid.


Writing
This is being written on a Thursday morning.  My apologies to those of you that may have looked for a post on Wednesday night.  There are some days that I cannot bring myself to sit down and post.  Either the ideas aren't flowing or the motivation is elusive.  I've bitched about this before I know, but I am running out of ideas once again.  I have nifty apps that allow me to jot down notes from anywhere, be it my phone or laptop or even my kindle and they magically appear on all three. (Check out the free app, Evernote.  It rocks.)  That TDT195 topics virtual scratchpad I keep is often the first place I look when deciding a subject for the day's blog.  It's been drying up as of late.  If you can help, drop me a line and tell me what you'd like to read about or ask a question I can address.  Thanks, folks.


Cya Thursday,
M


What I ate Wednesday and how I exercised:
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with 1 Italian chicken sausage, peppers and onions
Lunch: Eggplant stew with whole grain pasta
Snack: I found these dark chocolate vegan truffles at WFM.  They are about 95 calories each and one makes me feel satisfied and naughty all at the same time.  A little dark chocolate is good in moderation.
Dinner: Two 97% fat free dogs on a sprouted grain bun with mustard and one of my pickles.
Exercise: I need a kick in the ass again.  I should've gone to mall for walking...didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment