Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Giving Notice

In the last week or so, I have gotten quite a few notices of the reduced me.  Totally unsolicited compliments on how people can really see how what I am doing is working.  Today it was a bartender at a restaurant we sing at, at the gig the other night it was an old neighbor that came by with her husband and, last week, a colleague, just to name a few.  In the past I was uneasy with this, but as I am hitting my stride and making long-lasting positive change, I have to say I am more okay with it.


People say "I can really see it up here.", and then make the obligatory motion that goes along with the compliment.  It's the one finger, circular maneuver that encompasses the face, neck and shoulders.  The same one I give my Mom when saying "See this, Mom?  This is me not caring.", when she is giving me extraneous info on a subject I wasn't all that interested in to begin with.  Mom does read this and she knows I always say it with good humor.  Love you, Mom!


The truth is, I can see it, too..."Up in here."  I am developing a jawline again.  My neck muscles are starting to reappear and my shirts just hang on me.  Oh!  And here is a news alert...I bought some new clothes today.  I am playing golf on Thursday and have nothing to wear to this fanciful outing.  It was a tough pill to swallow spending over $200 for clothes that won't make it to Christmas, but it's a good problem to have.  So there will be two new shirts and two new pairs of slacks for people to see me in when they make the face swirl gesture, "Up in here."


Cya tomorrow,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi 7 Grain Nuggets w/fresh blueberries, toasted pecans and almond milk
Lunch ~ Tomato soup and a steak Caesar salad w/o croutons, dressing on the side
Snack ~ Homemade Sweet Fire Sticks pickled carrots (click for recipe)
Dinner ~ Eggplant stew over brown rice (click for recipe)
Exercise ~ 20 minutes of walking at the mall



1 comment:

  1. Mike - you are looking great, take my hat off to you. Callum

    ReplyDelete