Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's In My Head Wednesday 03.28.12

Welcome, once again, to WIMHW.  The day that I spew forth whatever notions are rambling through the expanse between my ears. 

Nip/Tuck
I have been contemplating the reconstructive surgery a great deal lately.   I found a doctor in Berkeley Heights, NJ, that was in NJ Monthly's Top Docs for 2008.  He is with Summit Medical Group.  I will be asking my friend Shar Mo if she knows him.  Shar used to work there.  I am thinking that I need to investigate these folks more than thoroughly, given the complexity of the procedure.  If anyone has a recommendation for a good plastic surgeon, you can email me at thedriveto195@gmail.com.   Why are they plastic surgeons?  Most of what they do, is rearrange what you already have.  Aside, from boob jobs, where's the plastic?  Will I have a number inside a triangle where my gut was?

To Guest Blog or Not To Guest Blog
The day-to-day rigors of writing is getting to be somewhat stressful.  Coming up with things to write about daily sometimes makes my head want to explode.  I am considering occasional guest bloggers.  I would invite people who have struggled with food addictions or other addictions, had successful weight loss, as well as nutritionists, medical professionals, exercise gurus, etc. to occupy this space for a day.  Any thoughts, or volunteers?

Gardening
Given the amount of fresh veggies that crowd our refrigerator and our grocery bill, I am thinking of finally taking the plunge into gardening.  Let's face it, tomatoes are not only ungodly expensive anymore but the quality is nowhere near what it should be for the price.  At $4/lb., they should at least come with a secret decoder ring or have a frequent buyer program.  Since we remodeled our back yard last year, filled in the pool and didn't make room for such agricultural endeavors, I am considering a portable garden like the one seen here.  You can buy them, but I am inclined to make my own.  Perhaps, paint it up all nice.  It's up off the ground, away from the dogs and ground hogs, easier on my back and I could move it when need be.  I'll keep you posted on the status Farmer Mike.

Cooking Thursday has two of my favorite side dishes that I've recently made .

Cya then,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal w/unsweetened almond milk

Lunch ~ Out with the boss to one of my favorite restaurants, Ashia in Parsippany, NJ.  I had Tom Yum soup with chicken and one vegetarian roll.

Dinner ~ Boca burger 'Big Mac' w/o cheese, w/homemade low-fat secret sauce on a sprouted grain English muffin.  Side salad with my balsamic vinaigrette.  The wife said it was the perfect dressing! 

Exercise ~ 2 miles of walking around the neighborhood.


1 comment:

  1. I got a catalog from gardeners supply company the other day - cool stuff you might want to check out.
    Gardeners.com is their website. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete