Sunday, March 25, 2012

A.L.O.E. Sunday (A Little Of Everything) 03.25.12

Sunday is a day for cleaning up odds and ends here at TDT195.  It can be short topics that are not worthy of a whole blog post, follow up on previously posted information, questions from readers, or anything else I feel like expounding on.  Hey, it's my sandbox right?  Not entirely.  I would like  you to feel like this is your place too, so feel free to participate.  Leave comments, ask questions, or tell me I am full of bull dung.  It's all good.

Spring Cleansing

I am going to start something on Monday that many of you might feel is kind of strange.  Most people run from anything they find unusual, unpleasant, or that they do not understand.  Today I bought a liver cleansing product.  The one I purchased is called Perfect Cleanse, by Garden of Life.  Now don't thing ol' blogger boy here has gone all 'new agey' and is burning incense and twisting his legs into pretzels.  There is science behind this and I will explain as best I can. 

Aside from being your body's second largest organ (the skin holds the top spot), your liver is the prime detoxification organ and is instrumental in the fat burning process.  Every nutrient we consume needs to have its ticket punched by the liver to grant entry to areas of the body that need to use them.  It also guards against those toxins that don't deserve access.  When it gets clogged with the gate crashers that don't belong, it has trouble doing its job.  Much like the Brita filter you may use or those cardboard framed, honeycomb-like filters on your HVAC units in the house.  So, we need to clean it out from time to time, in order for it to do what it was designed for.  I've put a lot of wannabe gate crashing garbage in my system over the years.  I am hoping that this ten day program will clean the filter and make my weight loss initiative that much easier.  Here is a link that may answer any questions or comments you have about it.  I am far from expert on this.  www.perfect-cleanse.com

Mailbox

A reader asks, "If you could control how others perceive you/respond to you, what would you want them to feel/say/do?"

I will answer some of that question here today.  It's a great question and at least a whole blog post's worth, given the various instances it can affect.  I have been wrestling with the perception issue this week.  It was prompted by a work situation, which I won't write about here, but it made me think hard about how others perceive me. 

I do feel that some, if not most people, look upon the obese as weak, incapable human beings.  They treat them with a touch of derision, as if to say, "they can't even get a handle on their own eating habits, how will they handle something more complex?", OR they fear it reflects poorly on them to be associated with the obese.  That's sad to me.  

Reader, I want people to think I am capable, smart, intuitive and good at problem solving and not, apathetic, lazy, or dim.  I would like them to think that they can stand by me with pride and not be fearful that it reflects poorly on them to put stock in my abilities.  I am ashamed to say that I have felt negatively toward others with eating disorders or other addictions.  I am planning to write more about this in the future, when I can sort out my own feelings on the subject and organize them properly.  I've been struggling with that introspection since you posed the question, a few weeks ago.

Questions like this are EXACTLY what forces me to look within to find answers and one of the key reasons I created this blog.  Thanks so much for participating via email, reader.

Weigh-in #7 tomorrow.

Cya then,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Brunch ~ A Boca burger and egg sandwich with a touch of ketchup on a whole grain sandwich round

Dinner ~ Multi grain California roll at Whole Foods and some eggplant salad I didn't particularly

Evening Snack ~ I will likely have some fruit after writing tonight.

Exercise ~ My back is still bothering me, from yesterday.  No exercise today.

No comments:

Post a Comment