Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday Evening Post

Just a short post tonight, as the Misses and I have a singing gig.  Off to the glamour of show biz, where we wedge ourselves into a corner and sing for three hours, or so, while people dine on hanging pieces of meat.  I guess it's a Portuguese thing.  But the wedging part is just a tad easier these days.  I'm shrinking in more ways than one (No jokes, a la Seinfeld, please.) 

Getting dressed this evening I thought I might try on a pair of pants that , until now, I have been unable to fit into.  I checked the tag and it would appear that I have dropped around 2 sizes. That's somewhere around 4 inches off the waist.  Even the belt I have on is an old cast-off from days gone by.  I'll stand a little taller tonight knowing I'm that much closer to my goal.

My stomach must be shrinking too.  I noticed that my capacity is not near what it was prior to the start of TDT195.  I have also been eating slower and looking for the signs of fullness.  Way too many of us eat so fast that we blow by the point where we are full.  There is a signal that the brain sends to let us know were done, but if eating too fast, we are still shoveling as the brain is processing and the signal arrives too late.  Lesson learned.  Eat slowly, enjoying each bite.  Eat away from things like the TV or internet where our hands and mouths are distracted.  Stop when you feel full, even if it does taste as good as what I had tonight...yum.

Cya tomorrow for A.L.O.E. Sunday,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Kashi Island Vanilla cereal w/1 banana and unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Lunch ~ Homemade salmon cake sandwich on a multi grain sandwich round w/homemade low fat tartar sauce

Dinner ~ Pan seared chicken breast over sauteed Brussels sprouts w/pecans and craisins and 1/4 cup of brown rice

Exercise ~ I worked in the yard some today and hauled some heavy things off to the town dump.  Pulled my back in the process.  Hopefully I will be fit to mall walk tomorrow.  Looks like rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment