Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 6 Weigh-in

I got through what I thought would be a difficult week.  A client dinner, several other meals out and a Saint Patty's Day party.  In each situation I made good choices, despite great temptation.  Bread and butter on a table is another one of my triggers.  I tasted some bread, but ate no butter.  I did indulge in a few non-alcoholic beers more than what might be prudent, but all in all, a good week.

I felt like I didn't walk as much this week, though when I went back and totalled everything up, it looks like 8 miles so far.  I will likely take advantage of this gorgeous weather and walk another 2 after dinner, bringing the week's total to 10 miles.  Not bad for a big man.

So, now for the numbers.   I assume that is why most of you come here on a Monday.  The blog hits seem to jump a bit on weigh-in days.  This week I stood atop the scale without the normal ceremonial shedding of possible excess weight.  I could've shaved or clipped my toe nails, but I jumped up there all scruffy, my toe's boxcutters intact, with a devil-may-care attitude.  Week #6 yielded a 1.8lb. loss, bringing the total to 26.8lbs.  I will list below the progress thus far ,week-by-week.  For you digitheads out there, I am around 16% of goal.

Week 1  13 lbs.
Week 2  2.6 lbs.
Week 3  4.6 lbs
Week 4  2.4 lbs
Week 5  2.4 lbs
Week 6  1.8 lbs

Cya tomorrow,
M

Here is what I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Fresh fruit salad of 1 Honeycrisp apple, 1 banana and 1 pink grapefruit

Lunch ~ 1 chickpea and onion veggie burger on a whole grain sandwich thin, a small salad lightly dressed

Dinner ~ An Italian tradition made lighter on this St. Joseph's Day.  Pasta con Sarde is sardines, fennel and tomatoes with pasta, dusted with "mudica", aka St. Joseph's sawdust.  It's toasted bread crumbs that add a nice flavor and texture to the dish instead of the regular grated cheese we all know and love.  I am using this recipe form cooking light and adding the mudica, a few raisins and subbing 100% whole grain pasta.  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/fennel-sardine-spaghetti-10000001932629/

Exercise ~ 2 miles around the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment