Monday, March 26, 2012

Weigh-in #7: The Scale Giveth...

...and the scale giveth some more, baby!  It's a Monday and that can only mean one thing.  It's weigh-in day.  At the end of 7 weeks, I am feeling quite optimistic about the what lies ahead for me.  In the last week, I was less active then I wanted to be, but I was ever-vigilant about what I ate.  Believe me there were days that I wanted to stray.  I have had a hankering for pizza as of late.  I was watching Man vs Food on the Travel Channel and he was at a pizza place that made authentic pizza Margherita, certified by some organization in Naples.  Simple, but perfect pizza.  I wanted some.  A LOT!  I even did an internet search to see if there were any closer than Minnesota, that were similarly accredited.  Sure enough, one of only two certified in the country was right here in Bergen County, NJ.  Why do I tempt myself this way?  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  I refrained, knowing that even a single slice is a slippery slope and having to report that to you folks here would be very difficult, indeed.  Accountability works.  Thanks, all!

What did the scale say this morning?  Well, if you cheated at looked at the picture already, you now know that I weigh 331.2 lbs.  That's a weekly loss of 5.4 lbs. and a total of 32.2 lbs.   Holy metabolism, Batman!  I was hoping to get to a 30 lb. loss this week, but I never expected to blow by it.  Thanks for following my progress!  It strengthens me immensely.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Kashi Island Vanilla cereal w/ fresh blueberries and unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Lunch ~ Seitan Piccata Cozy Kitchen frozen entree.  I wasn't a fan.  It was on sale and vegan, so I thought the wife might like them too.  We will see how she feels.

Afternoon treat ~ Starbucks Skinny Decaf Mocha Frappuccino

Dinner ~ Boca burger "Big Mac" w/o cheese and w/homemade special sauce on a sprouted grain English muffin

Exercise ~ 2 miles at the mall.  Thanks for joining me Wiff.

4 comments:

  1. wow!!!!!!!!! My las weigh in down 12.6 I guess that's good. would like to lose another 12.6. Half weigh-hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Chris! I was wondering just this morning how it was going for you. Weigh to go! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Mike!

    Have you contemplated making one of those mega-veggie pizzas they sell in NYC pizzerias? Ya know, they overload broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, onion, peppers, eggplant and chopped tomatoes and they generally have much less cheese. You can substitute mozzarella with parmesan and low-fat or no-fat ricotta. Or is the mere act of eating pizza the slippery slope you want to avoid?

    Congrats Mike!
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick, first off congrats on figuring out how to post as yourself, lol. I wouldn't mind a 'pseudo-pizza', but I am thinking it would only make me want the real deal even more...great crust and gooey cheese. Someone gave me a great recipe using riced cauliflower as a crust. Sounds delish, but all of these are more like open faced veggie sandwiches to me, disguising themselves as pizza.

    I do appreciate the feedback, of course and the support even more! Let's do dinner soon.
    M

    ReplyDelete