Monday, March 12, 2012

Week 5 Weigh-in

At the start of week 6, I find that I am not dreading the scale as I used to.  I supposed I have settled in with the fact that this is my new lifestyle and everything else will take care of itself.  My body will take off the weight as it sees proper.  The jeans are a little looser, the belts need another hole punched and my shirts, while always roomy in the collar, are now less snug around the waist.  Although I am looking forward to clothes shopping for the new trimmer me, buying clothes for the interim me is going to be a dilemma.  Look good, but don’t spend too much.  Why bother?  I’ll be growing out of them soon enough.

Let’s get down to the numbers then.  I guess today was a milestone of sorts.  This last week brought a weight loss of 2.4 lbs.  That brings the total for the end of the first 5 weeks to exactly 25 lbs.  I now weigh less than I have in the last 5 years, or so.  Nice to be able to roll back the clock five years in five weeks, huh?  What I would really like to do is turn back the clock 10 years by November, when my thirtieth high school reunion takes places.  I recall being around 295 for the twentieth.  I still have the suit I wore that night in a closet downstairs.  It was bought just for the occasion.  It’s been forever since that suit fit.  I’d like to get into it again for the reunion.  I remember feeling better about myself then.  Far from fit that night, but almost 200 lbs. less than at my heaviest.  It might be hard for anyone to understand how one can feel good about one's self at 295 lbs., but knowing how bad I felt at 483.5 lbs gave me a perspective I expect few to grasp. 
Borrowing from one of my readers, onward and downward.
Cya tomorrow,
M
What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Amy’s Breakfast Burrito w/1Tbs fat-free Greek yogurt and salsa.  Fresh fruit salad of pink grapefruit and ½ a banana
Lunch ~ Black Bean Chipotle Gardenburger w/piquillo pepper sauce, baby romaine on a whole grain sandwich thin and tomato soup
Dinner ~ Pan-seared tilapia over sautéed baby kale and white beans. I wasn’t going to post a picture but it looked and tasted too darned good!
Exercise ~ 1 mile around the lake on this gorgeous night.  The week’s goal was 7.7 miles.  I walked 8.2 miles this past week.  WHO DA MAN?!!!

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful dishes! - Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! She's talking about her china, not my cooking folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I thought she was talking about your cooking! Nice presentation! And I have to try the breakfast burrito you keep eating, it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, I am sad to say that Amy's has discontued them. They are still in a few stores. I found 21 at Whole Foods and bought them all. They are good. Black Beans, potato, tofu, chile, etc. I was sorry to see them go but glad I stocked up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done for five weeks. I have a kabocha squash sitting on my kitchen counter and would love a recipe or two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Harriet. Here are 2 recipes for you. The first a side dish, the second a main course in which I cube the tofu and bake it in the toaster oven at 400 until the ouside is a little crisp, turning occasionally. The recipe doesn't call for that. If tofu isn't your thing, cube up chicken or lean pork give it a quick cook in a pan before encorporating with the kabocha and sauce. Enjoy!
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/kabocha-squash-puree-50400000116787/

    http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/Recipes_detail.aspx?id=186

    ReplyDelete