Sunday, May 6, 2012

A.L.O.E. 05.06.12

Happy Sunday!  A beautiful day finally broke through here in New Jersey.  There are blooming trees and plants springing forth in our newly renovated backyard.  A smattering of different kinds of plants are spread throughout the gardens.  Just like the smattering of info I throw up here on Sundays.  A Little Of Everything...A.L.O.E.  Get it?  I have to give credit where credit is due.  A friend of a friend owns a fine restaurant in NYC and it is called A.L.O.E.  I always liked the name.  Now I stole it.  Confession over.


20 a Day
I was having a conversation with my boss the other morning and we were talking about exercise.  He has dropped over 100 lbs. in the last 5 years and he exercises regularly.  He, being Italian, has the same love of food and wine that I do.  While not as extreme, he has walked in my shoes.  I was bemoaning the fact that I couldn't get my ass out to walk.  Couldn't isn't the right word.  I am perfectly capable.  I just blow it off.  He was saying that no matter what, I need to walk twenty minutes a day.  Nothing should take priority over it.  It should be number one.  Ya know what?  He's right.  And if I walked 20 minutes a day, I would be doing a hell of a lot more than I am right now.  I've been letting the time hour long time investment and distance requirements that I put on myself get in the way.  So, starting tomorrow, 20 minutes a day.  If you are a regular reader and you see that I didn't do it on any given day, give me hell.  Feel free.  I don't delete comments.  Let me have it.


3 Months Today
A small milestone today.  It is the three month anniversary of The Drive to 195.  It's been a tremendous growth period for me.  Ironic, huh?  I've learned much about myself.  What it means to reflect everyday on what is important, what it means to write everyday and a butt-load about accountability.  You, my virtual sponsors, keep me doing the right thing, day after day.  On day 100 I will be giving statistics as to what has transpired and what the next 100 days should bring.  I look forward to the next leg of the journey!


Working in the Yard
Today, I did a lot of work out in the yard.  About three hours worth.  And boy did it kick my ass.  I am sore and tired.  It made me wonder how the heck I did this 40 lbs. ago.  While lugging a bag of yard waste to the curb, I realized that the bag I was struggling to carry must have weighed about 40 lbs. itself.  It gave me an appreciation for what I was carrying around 24/7 and how much easier it is on my body.  Sore or not, I am grateful to be able to have the opportunity to feel fatigued.  It only gets better from here.


Blogspot, Really?
This is not a venue Where I would normally bitch about anything, but since it relates to the blog, please indulge me.  I use Internet Explorer 9 for the most part, even though I am not a huge fan.  Plus, the Blogspot interface has always been kinda clunky and buggy.  Is it free?  Of course.  But recently they stopped interfacing with IE9.  I need to either use Google Chrome or Firefox.  Okay, I can do that. But the end result is a little off.  You may or may not have noticed the spacing being off on the pages.  Big deal?  No.  But it bugs me.  Okay.  Tantrum over. 


Cya tomorrow for weigh-in #13 .  I have a full day of appointments and a business dinner on Monday, but I will try to sneak in the results late in day.
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:


Breakfast ~ One egg with toast, two paper thin slices of lean ham and half a small avocado
Lunch ~ A huge salad with mixed greens, tomato, onion, red bell pepper, toasted pumpkin seeds, sliced organic deli chicken with homemade chipotle lime dressing
Dinner ~ Tomato, eggplant and chickpea stew over brown rice.  Recipe this Thursday.
Exercise ~ Three hours of hard labor in the yard.   Okay, hard is a relative term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment