Friday, May 25, 2012

Dreaming Bigger: Part 2

It seems that this blog has quite a few philosophies.  Cook at home, listen to your own head when deciding what to eat and 'dream bigger', to name a few.  This is the second in the Dreaming Bigger series, where I explore the latter in listing things I see myself doing when I grow thinner.  Oxymoronic once again I guess...grow thinner.  But as I thin out, I am indeed growing.  I am becoming ever more self-aware, a touch more confident daily and increasingly educated about my body and how to treat it.  So as my belt shrinks, my world expands. 


Here are some more things I would see myself achieving and frequently envision Mike.2 doing.  At least once a day I run a movie in my head of one or more of these feats, both big and small.  I believe that visualization becomes actualization.  See it and be it.


Dreaming Bigger List

  • Feel safe in a canoe, unafraid of it swamping or doing water wheelies from the fat guy in the rear
  • Ski
  • Sing the National Anthem at a sporting event, okay knowing that thousands of eyes are upon me
  • Enter a crowded restaurant without having to plan my entrance and exit routes where I see the largest gaps between the diners
  • Get a tattoo and know that it will be exactly where I put it for years to come.  I already have the design in my head to commemorate the successes documented here
  • Kayak.  I have been worried that I would flip and sleep upside down with the fishes or that my legs would cramp up whilst inserted in the torture device
  • Put the armchairs back at the end of my dining room table, where they belong
  • Ride a bike without wondering if the tires are flat or having to extract the seat from my keister
  • Once I have more established credibility, teach others to take control of their food addiction
  • Get onto Jeopardy or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
  • Walk into a business meeting with confidence, without being devalued due to my appearance


That should do for now.  Next Friday I will return to "How Did I Get Here?"  Have a great weekend, my friends.  


Cya Sunday,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 1 perfectly fried egg w/Canadian bacon on a multi-grain sandwich round
Lunch ~ 2 low fat hot dogs on a sprouted grain roll with some of my pickles on the side
Snack ~ Fat free Chobani peach yogurt
Dinner ~ Organic, lean chicken and ham sandwich w/tomato and lite mayo on a multi-grain sandwich round and some more pickles.  Then the wife brought me some chicken tortilla soup from Panera, minus the tortillas.
Exercise ~ I was a sloth today.  Lots of yard work on the horizon Saturday, weather permitting



No comments:

Post a Comment