Sunday, May 20, 2012

A.L.O.E. 05.20.12

What a beautiful Sunday it was here in New Jersey today.  In fact, it was a beautiful weekend.  There was time spent with family, lots of time outside and very good food to nourish us.  So just like the variety of healthy fare I took in this weekend, here is a sampling of this-n-that.  A.L.O.E. Sunday, A Little Of Everything.




Get the Cooking Mojo Back
In preparation for the 100 day recap, I went back and looked at a number of entries that I hadn't seen since they were written.  One of the biggest things I took away from the experience was that I haven't been cooking as much as I did in the earlier part of the project.  Yes I cook, but the meals then seemed more special.  The pictures back then looked quite delicious and unique.  I am going to try to recapture that mojo I had in February and make my meals more interesting.


Tickled to Pickle
Last night we had a wonderful meal at my Aunt and Uncle's home that followed a fabulous day of touring gardens (lots of walking).  My Aunt H was so gracious to not only consult me on a menu, but also consider my vegan wife and made something for everyone.  All of the food was quite good and was in keeping with our principles.  In the salad she served were some quick pickled red onions.  A 'quickle' if you prefer.  It got me thinking that I needed to pickle some stuff.  In my fridge I had a five pound bag of carrots and my renewed desire to express my inner chef.  The picture you see here is the fruits, or veggies, as it were, of my labor.  We have habanero carrots, spicy gardiniera and plain old cukes.  They'll sit in the fridge for the next two days until I crack them open and see how I did.  If it works out, you'll find the recipe on Thursday.  Keep your fingers crossed!


Slacking Off
No surprise that the thing about losing weight is that my clothes seem to be hanging on me.  One of the things I didn't expect was that my slacks are getting too long.  The less belly I have to fill out the middle and the seat, the more the pants seem to hang.  Imagine an olde time (pronounced oldy timey) hoop skirt with the the inner wire structure removed.  The skirt would just drag on the floor without the framework that once held it up.  I am losing my big pants support structure.  Good for me...bad for my pants, as I now step on the pant legs and walk around with my hands in my pockets to hold them up.  Once I get to minus 50, I'll buy new slacks.  Will it be tomorrow?  Tune in and see.


Cya tomorrow for weigh-in #15,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi 7 Grain Nuggets w/banana and unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Lunch ~ I found sprouted grain hot dog buns in my quest for a healthier dog.  I had 2 Hebrew Ntl. low fat dogs (40 calories ea.) with a bun, onions, pickle and mustard
Dinner ~ As you see here, I got my grill on tonight.  This is grass-fed organic flank steak marinated in teriyaki and grilled along with grilled asparagus and ginger teriyaki broccoli with mushrooms and onions
Exercise ~ A walk in the woods with Tab and my two babies, pictured above







No comments:

Post a Comment