Monday, May 28, 2012

Weigh-in: Week 16

A little frustrated today.  I had high hopes for success on this morning's trip to the scale.  Yes there was progress, but not of the significance I looked forward to.  It's days like this that I have to remind myself that this is a lifestyle and not a diet.  One thing I did notice was that my water percentage went up, yet again.  This time .2% higher.  I have to look into my scale's specification to see exactly what it is measuring.  Noticing the trends is good.  It gives me a good idea as to the changes going on.  Knowing what the water percentage measurement is reading would be an important piece of information.  My scale tells me today that the percentage is 26.7%.  The typical male should be much higher from what little research I did.  I'll check back with you on this little tidbit.  


The weigh-in this morning shows me losing 1 lb. taking me down to 315.  Total loss thus far, 48.4 lbs.  Body fat today showed a .2% decrease to 59.9%.  This week I will be keeping my salt intake under control.  I never worry too much about my salt because I am not a fiend about it.  My blood pressure was around 92/60 a month ago.  I don't use that as a license to cozy up to the Morton's Salt girl, but I should cut down some to see if it helps with my water retention.  I have also had a decent amount of animal protein this last week and with that usually come the sodium.  Back to basics this week.  Starting Tuesday, much less meat, more veggies.


Cya Tuesday,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Brunch ~ Left over steak, sauteed shiitake mushrooms and one egg w/sprouted grain toast and a smear of Earth Balance Spread
Afternoon Snack ~ Kale chips
Dinner ~ Left over grilled chicken thighs and some four bean whole grain pasta salad
Dessert ~ 365 Fat Free Peach Yogurt.  Not good.  I saw it was $0.50 less than the Chobani and the savings weren't worth it.
Exercise ~ I made a trip to the Home Depot today to get some mulch, while on sale.  I picked up 12, 56.63 lb. bags.  Off the pallet and onto the cart.  Off the cart and into the car.  Out of the car and onto the driveway.  Total weight moved, 2038.68 lbs.  Exercise enough for one hot and humid day.

3 comments:

  1. guessing the water retention could be related to the awful humidity these days.. its summer, ick...
    keep up the good work Mike!
    xo

    mary ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less meat, now, THAT'S what I like to hear!!! - Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in Weight Watchers they had us consume huge amounts of water, which typically paid off in lots of early weight loss. The reason it worked, as I understood it, is that your body will not retain as much water if it is getting a steady supply. Conversely, low water consumption would result in water retention. Maybe this ties in with your lower weight loss and higher water percentage in weeks when your exercise level is higher. You may need to hydrate more. Just a thought...

    Looking forward to the 50 lb. mark...Harriet.

    ReplyDelete