Monday, May 21, 2012

Weigh-in: Week 15

Interesting stuff today.  No.  I didn't make it to minus 50.  But I did have a considerable amount of body fat reduction, coupled with water retention.  My Escali digital scale is, as I have mentioned before, quite smart.  I am finding that this intelligence, which I did not avail myself of in the earlier stages of TDT195, would have come in handy.  It frankly doesn't change much of the physical realm, but the psychological side of me is encouraged by the data I have collected this week.  I wanted to lose more, but I am okay with the progress I posted.  Mostly because I know that I unburdened myself of some considerable body fat in the last seven days.


As you can see by the picture, I am now at 316 lbs., even.  This is a weekly loss of 1.6 lbs. and total loss of 47.6 lbs.  That makes just 2.6 lbs. more to go to the 50 that has been staring me down for the last month.  The weekly body fat percentage is currently at 60.1.  Last week being at 60.7, means a 0.6% decrease.  The part I find most interesting is that my water percentage went from 24.7% to 26.5%.  If I am holding 1.8% more water weight this week than last, then that equals 5.7 lbs. more fluid I am carting around today.  In a week that I shunned the baristas, beef jerky and O'Doul's, I might not be happy with just a 1.6 lb. loss, my efforts not necessarily commensurate with the results.  BUT, knowing it's extra water, not fat that is keeping my gravitational pull sucking me toward the earth's core, with my scale in between, I can cope.  Hey.  Whatever keeps you moving in the right direction.


Cya tomorrow,
M


What I ate and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 2 eggs, Canadian bacon and sliced tomato on a sprouted grain roll.  330 calories of filling goodness.
Lunch ~ Business lunch at the home of food bigger than your head:  Harold's Delicatessen, in Edison.  I ate about 1/5 of my mammoth turkey sandwich on pumpernickel and a cup of chicken rice soup.  Plus the indulgence of a diet cream soda.
Mid-afternoon ~ Decaf with skim, Splenda and cinnamon.
Dinner ~ A chopped salad of greens, peppers, carrots, celery, tomato and turkey, w/homemade vinaigrette
Dessert ~ Chobani fat free peach yogurt
Exercise ~ Shame, shame, shame on me.  None today.


No comments:

Post a Comment