Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What's In My Head Wednesday 05.16.12

Greetings, all.  It's time for a quickie version of WIMHW.  Just a few things on my mind as we are mid week to the next weigh-in.  I say a quickie this evening because I have a gig with the wife.  We songbirds are warbling at a local bar/restaurant from 7-10.  So here is what's on my mind today...




Blood Update
I finally got access to my lab results online.  Kinda cool actually.  LabCorp has teamed with Microsoft Healthvault to let you view your test results online and have them available whenever you need them.  They are also in the process of archiving old results prior to 2011.  I went in today to check my numbers and my cholesterol overall number is 131 (under 200 is good).  HDL (the good stuff) is 45, with norms >39.  LDL (the bad stuff) is at 68 with norms being between 0 and 99.  Who the heck has 0?  My triglycerides were 89 out of a norm from 0-149.  Again, who the hell is at 0, a corpse?  Other than my Vitamin D issue that I mentioned last week, the only other blip is something called Creatinine, Serum, which has a norm of 0.76 to 1.27.  I was 0.75.  Just slightly on the wrong side toward that corpse-esque 0.  I would normally research what that last component was, but I'm a tad hurried today.  Please, forgive me.


Changes in Patterns
I was telling an associate today about my new lifestyle and how things were going.  He was very enthusiastic and told me he could tell this would take hold.  He made a very astute point.  Once you get into a rhythm and establish a new pattern, breaking the old one, things start to gel.  Creating a new routine is key.  I have to say that I certainly am in a rhythm these days.  It has become second nature.  Just as my daily writing is part of my everyday schtick, so are my eating habits.  Exercise is getting there.


Closing in on 100 Days
Friday will be day 100.  Instead of the normal "How Did I Get Here?" offering, I will be recapping some of the statistics, revelations, progress and accomplishments on the drive toward 195.  Pardon my indulgence in advance.  I have always been one for needing an "Atta boy!" pat on the back and I'll deliver this one myself.  I have earned it.  If I hit 50 lbs. down by Monday, expect pictures then.


Cya tomorrow,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 1 egg and 1 chicken apple sausage on a multi-grain sandwich round
Lunch ~ Mooshu basil roll and vegan pork fried brown rice
Mid-afternoon ~ Decaf with skim, Splenda and cinnamon
Dinner ~ Likely a salad at The Publick House, prior to the gig
Exercise ~ The better part of 4 hours on my feet singing tonight.  It is a workout, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how faithful you've been about writing so frequently! And even though I don't always post a comment, I do always read... and admire :) Kip -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you read daily, Kip. Thanks so, so much.

    ReplyDelete