Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIMHW 05.09.12

Hi there and welcome to What's In My Head Wednesday.  Various topics relating to my weight loss, health, nutrition, or anything at all that is on my mind.  Do you have something you would like to ask?  Please do!  I would love to hear from you on your thoughts regarding our journey.




Dreading Treading
I am slated to clean out the garage this weekend and start straightening up the basement.  The once clean and livable space is overrun with excess furniture and miscellaneous crap.  Amongst the clutter is our rather expensive treadmill.  Unfortunately, it is in a perfect room for exercising, complete with a television mounted to the ceiling.  The unfortunate part is that the room is in need renovation, due to water issues and construction.  So to use the treadmill, I must temporarily relocate it to the garage.  It will make exercising easier having this available.  A good thing indeed.  But the process of getting it in the garage and getting it working again is going to be daunting.  A fuse hidden somewhere needs to be reset.  Hopefully, sometime soon, I'll be walking nowhere.


Coffee Solution
The fat free half in half I have been using for my decaf is not the healthiest thing in the world.  Aside from the High Fructose Corn Syrup (funny that as I am typing this there is a lady on TV telling me HFCS is as good as sugar) the emulsifiers, etc, aren't on my list of things I want to ingest.  The solution?  I recently tried my coffee with skim milk and a touch of cinnamon.  I usually don't like milk, let alone skim milk, in my coffee, but the addition of a touch of cinnamon and my usual one to two packets of Splenda make it quite enjoyable. 


Cheese
Cheese has been beckoning to me.  Eeeeat me....eeeeat me.  I hear ya, cheese.  Now please shut up.  I was in the ShopRite today and headed over to check out the Sargento ultra thin cheese slices with half the calories per serving as their regular cheese.  I had it in my hand, ready to put it in the cart and gave another glance at the nutritional info.  3 slices make up a serving, 130 calories and 11g of fat.  I'm thinking one slice won't be enough to give me a cheese fix.  I can live without it for now.  It got hung back on its peg.  It's been three months since I included anything but parmigiano reggiano in my repertoire.  It can stay that way for a while.


Dry Skin
My skin has been kind of dry as of late, my nails slightly more brittle, my scalp a little flaky (no jokes please) and the heels of my feet, rougher.  I believe the culprit might be not enough good fat in my diet.  I think I will be eating more nuts and seeds to compensate.  If I could remember to take pills, I'd use the fish oil capsules we have.  We'll keep you all posted on my level of flakiness. (Okay, insert flaky Mike joke here ---> )


Cya tomorrow for Food Thursday,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 2 egg, mushroom omelet with sprouted grain toast
Lunch ~ Boca Burger with chipotle mayo, tomato and pickle on a spouted grain English muffin
Snack ~ Fat free Chobani strawberry Greek yogurt
Dinner ~ Two potato and beet hash with a poached egg atop and a side salad.  See recipe here -->  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/two-potato-beet-hash-with-poached-eggs-greens-10000002012800/
Exercise ~ 30 minutes of yard work











2 comments:

  1. put the pills next to your toothbrush...works for me! Assuming you brush your teeth every morning it should work for you too....hehehe

    ReplyDelete