Sunday, July 8, 2012

A.L.O.E. 07.08.12

This is the last night of my staycation.  It was a very nice week at home with my family.  I got to cook for my mother and aunt, as well as the whole July 4th shabang.  Tomorrow it is back to work.  Not huge deal really.  I like my job and the people I work with.  It will actually be easier getting back into a rhythm food-wise.  Here are a few things for your consideration on this Sunday evening, where we cover A Little Of Everything.


Up Up and Away
I don't often travel for business these days.  Yes, I am in outside sales, but car travel doesn't count.  This week I am off to far-away Boise, Idaho.  The main source of my income comes from a company based there and I am heading out to give a client the nickle tour of a semiconductor manufacturer's HQ.  Boise is one of those places that you can't get to from here without crisscrossing the country.  It's going to be a nine-hour flight out and ten hours back, barring any unforeseen delays.  I'll be touching down in Minneapolis, San Francisco and, of course, Boise, all for a six-hour meeting, plus dinner.  This will certainly be a challenge for my eating regimen.  Lunch will be brought in for our meeting on Thursday, then dinner out with the client.  Eating at airports and on planes should be fun.  I am pretty sure I have equipped myself with the proper tools to get through it all.  I'll keep you posted on how it is going from my hotel on Thursday.  


Dreadmill
I am not a big fan of treadmills.  I find it all boring, yet convenient since I own one.  Until Friday it was downstairs and not operational.  Thanks to the muscle and goodwill of my brother and nephew, it now resides on our main floor.  It sits in my living room (soon to relocate out of sight in the guest room) taunting me.  Jeering at me to hop on board and move my fat ass.  I'll give in to its bullying, for I know it is the right thing to do.  That doesn't mean I have to like it.  Sigh...


He Looks Good
A few times over the last month a phenomena that I find amusing has occurred.  Since I wrote of my uneasiness with compliments, several people have gotten my wife on the side and told her they think I look great, but were afraid to say anything.  I am here to officially declare that I am okay with it, people!  Compliment away!  I am actually digging the encouragement.  No worries anymore.  It's all good.


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Amy's Burrito Especiale
Lunch ~ Some rotisserie chicken breast and yet more leftover four bean mac salad
Snack ~ 2 chicken wings from the above mentioned chicken
Dinner ~ Tab and I ate at Panera and I had a 1/2 smoked turkey sandwich and Chicken soup combo
Exercise ~ at least 20 minutes on the dreadmill when I return home later.  Meeting a friend for a beverage. 


* Full disclosure moment.  I may have a wine or beer tonight.  We'll see.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment