Sunday, July 15, 2012

A.L.O.E. 07.15.12

Where did the weekend go?  Here we are on the eve of another weigh-in and I'm on the fence as to how it will play out.  This week was the much blogged about business trip and a wedding.  We will dip into both below, because today is A Little Of Everything Sunday and I have something to crow about.


Wedding on the Wagon
In light of the copious amounts of alcohol I consumed on the trip to Idaho this week, I declared that I would abstain from imbibing at the wedding yesterday.  I am happy to report that aside from the tiny sip during the champagne toast, I was adult beverage free.  I did enjoy the cocktail hour very much by having some shrimp cocktail, a mini crab cake, grilled veggies, and some tomato soup shooters.  Indulgences were of the beefy variety, in the form of a mini beef Wellington (one of my faves) and a very dry slider with half a roll (not worth it at all).  Dinner was some pasta, a salad and filet mignon of which I ate very little.  I also had a taste of ice cream at the end of the night.  Less than a 1/4 cup's worth, but unnecessary.  I avoided a good deal of really bad choices with a few missteps, but nothing too egregious I think.  The scale will be the judge of that.  I should note that the wedding food served as two meals yesterday.  I skipped lunch prior knowing the volume of food ahead was more than sufficient.


YES! YES! YES!
A very proud moment for me on Wednesday evening.  I boarded the first of my four planes for the trip, I greeted the flight attendant with my usual smiley "Hello" and a request for a seat belt extension.  It's always an embarrassing moment, but a necessary evil.  Sometimes they give it to you upon request, other times they bring it after you are seated and, yet other times, they up the mortification factor and forget, so you need to ask again with many more ears surrounding you.  This nice lady handed it to me immediately and I made my way down the aisle, worried that my butt or gut would be brushing the already seated passengers on my way by.  It wasn't bad at all!  I navigated the course with limited contact.  Cool!  I got to my seat with the hopes that no one would be next to me and I was a winner yet again.  Two seats to myself.  I sat myself down and went to strap in.  It occurred to me that I should try the belt, sans extension.  HOLY SHIT!  Snug, but it fit without benefit of extra strap.  With a huge smile on my face, I flagged down a passing flight attendant and explained to her that I had asked for an extension, but for the first time in my memory, I didn't need it.  She rewarded me with a high five and a very gracious inquiry of how I lost my weight.  She told me how proud she was of me and I was pretty damned proud of myself.  My second flight yielded the same results.  Unfortunately, the two planes on the way home were far from being as kind as Delta was to me two days earlier, but I will take the wins where I can get them.  Another step toward normal was achieved. 


Cya Monday for Weigh-in 23,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi 7 Grain Nuggets w/banana, toasted pecans and almond milk
Lunch ~ Smoked turkey on a whole grain deli flat, tomato, avocado and chipotle lite mayo
Dinner ~ Tom Yum Chicken soup and steamed snow peas, carrots and eggplant over brown rice w/brown sauce on the side.  Reaaaallly tastey and light.
Exercise ~ 2.5 hours of yard work

No comments:

Post a Comment