Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Home Shopping

There is nothing better than needing new stuff and finding out you already have it.  The other day I went down to my old room in our basement and took a peak to see what clothes I might have squirreled away down there.  For those of you that don't know, when I bought this house back in 2002, it was with my mother.  We each own half and it worked well until I met Tabitha.  I chose to reside in the basement to give us both our own space.  When Tab and I moved upstairs upon Mom's exit, I left a fair amount of old clothes in my closet.  Gladly, the sizes I was back from 2002-2006 are roughly the same as where I am now.  Yes, I've blown past some of them, but there is plenty left for me to use.


So far I grabbed a few items from this cache of garments for immediate use.  There's a couple of shirts and two suits which I will have to bring to the cleaners.  I came across some pants that were never worn and soon found out why.  They were mis-sized.  I'll get into them in another 30 to 40 lbs. I guess.  You have to understand something about the psyche of a fat man.  It is a very common occurrence for us to buy clothes, then get them home only to find they don't fit.  For the normally-sized folks it's no big deal.  You just return the offending clothing.  But we look at these poorly selected purchases as a badge of embarrassment.  I say poorly selected because even if they are mis-labeled, it was my stupidity that prevented me from trying them on at the store.  Once you are in that boat, it's a touch humiliating to go back and tell them that your fat ass doesn't fit into these pants marked size 54.  So you keep them knowing you will surely fit into them in the near future, because weight-loss is always just over the horizon.  It seldom if ever happens.  Until now of course!  Those two pairs of slacks I found will be part of my ensembles very soon.  Count on it.  There are some things that I looked at and thought "What the hell was I thinking, wearing that?", but for the most part, my style choices haven't changed much over the years.  With maturity comes consistency, I reckon.


It was now time to make room for the new old things in my upstairs closet.  I went through my wardrobe and filled up two Hefty kitchen bags with clothes for donation and today dropped them in a big metal box outside of Costco.  I probably have a few more bags to fill, but letting go is sometimes hard.  Besides, my theory has always been that if someone could afford to eat themselves up to my size, then they probably shouldn't be wearing donated clothing.  Who am I to judge?  I won't need those size 62s and 5Xs any more.  If some other food addict wants my hand-me-downs then more power to him.  Poor, guy.


Cya tomorrow for my WIMHD July 4th edition,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Egg Mikemuffin with one egg, one chicken sausage, tomato and onion on a whole grain sandwich round
Lunch ~ Salmon cake sandwich w/avocado, tomato and some lite mayo on a whole grain sandwich round
Snack ~ A raw food snack bar of which the brand I forget.  Was tasty though.
Dinner ~ Dined out with family.  I had Tom Yum soup w/chicken and 2 sushi rolls, one vegetarian with brown rice and one yellow tail and scallion roll w/white rice.
Exercise ~ One hour of pushing a cart around Costco was all I got in today

1 comment:

  1. Food rocked bro. Boys loved it and so did I. Thanks for all the effort!
    B

    ReplyDelete