Friday, July 6, 2012

Food Thursday 07.05.12

I'm getting old, I know, but this will be an ongoing problem.  For one thing, I don't have the recall abilities that I used to have.  The second thing is that after five months of writing, there is too much of a volume of work to make remembering a realistic expectation.  I preface this entry in such a way to preemptively apologize.  If you have seen this recipe in my blog before, so sorry.  I could swear I put it up in some previous post, but an exhaustive search turned up nothing for me.  If I missed it, Poupon happens.


Dijon Rosemary Chicken Thighs
This is an über flavorful alternative to traditional barbecued chicken.  It is easy to make and extremely economical. Twice now, of all the things I have put out at a backyard party, this has been the most complimented dish.


Ingredients
1/3 cup Grey's Poupon Dijon mustard
2 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 cloves finely diced garlic
2 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
1 lb. boneless chicken thighs

Method

~ In a 1 gallon plastic zipper bag, combine the first 5 ingredients, using the sealed bag to thoroughly mix while coating the inside of the bag.

~ Add chicken thighs and coat well with the Dijon mixture.

~ Refrigerate from 1 hour to overnight.

~ Grill your chicken on a hot, clean, well oiled grill grate or under a broiler (3-5 minutes per side, depending on the size). You should hopefully get a nice char on the edges. These salty, mustardy bits are the best part and have a nice rosemary kick.

~ Serve and enjoy!


This healthy dish is great anytime of year.  It delivers the maximum flavor per calorie, or as food writer Peter Kaminski says, MFC.


Cya later for our 5 month recap,
M


What I ate Thursday and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 1 egg and 1/2 slice of provolone (45 calories) on 1/2 of a hamburger roll
Lunch ~ 3oz burger w/o bun and some four bean whole grain pasta salad
Dinner ~ I grabbed a quick snack of my Asian slaw and 3 multi-grain chips prior to our gig
Exercise ~ Great gig last night with the entire family there.  Much fun and exercise enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment