Sunday, July 29, 2012

A.L.O.E. 07.29.12

Where does the weekend go?  It barely feels like Sunday night, let alone 7:30PM.  Tomorrow starts a new week, the 25th time I step to the scale and the first test of my oath that I will  never go back to 300.  I need to move further away from that number.  299 is too close for my taste.  I've been good this week.  I ate well and did a lot of cooking.  I enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine, but I doubt that will weigh against me.  Let's get into A Little Of Everything.


Stairs?  Who Cares?
My wife has a hobby.  She loves to go visit new houses which we can't afford, despite the fact that we aren't moving any time soon.  It used to worry me that she would try to get us to move into Pennsylvania or somewhere more rural, tempting me with a shiny new house.  I get now that she likes to dream.  It's all good.  When she visits these houses, she often brings me back for her personal nickle tour.  That always involves a lot of stair climbing.  Prior to my downsizing, that would sap my energy and my legs, in addition to making me work up a major sweat.  Today we did such a run to Doylestown, Pa.  Lots of stairs and no sweat...literally.  I was quite proud of that.  That feeling of despair I would always get halfway up a flight of torturous risers was no longer present.  Two great houses, the likes of which we may own... someday in the distant future.


Gym Time
Last Thursday I strolled into a local gym that does CrossFit training.  I signed up for six fundamentals sessions and a month of Crossfit classes.  I am actually looking forward to someone kicking my ass for an hour or so, twice a week.  Taking on this challenge and accomplishing what lies ahead is a major dose of self-esteem for me.  I'll keep you all updated as to what is entailed and how I am doing after I start my first session this Monday.


Need More Clothes
I thought I could get away with the few new articles of clothing I have purchased lately.  They just aren't cutting it.  My old shirts are hanging off of me and the new pants I bought launder terribly.  Time to bite the bullet and get more duds.  Getting in shape is getting expensive.  Good problem to have, I must say.


Cya Monday,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 2 egg omelet of 2 thin slices of ham and vegan 'mozzarella'
Lunch ~ Chicken Orzo soup and 1/2 a smoke turkey sandwich
Dinner ~ 1.5 ears of fresh Jersey corn w/Earth Balance Buttery Blend, a Boca Burger on a multi-grain deli flat and sliced tomatoes on the side.
Exercise ~ Lots of stairs, dog walking and lawn mowing

2 comments:

  1. As far as the clothes - look for stuff on ebay - used, but good condition so that you don't have to buy all new and just get rid of them again in a few months. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice, Marcelle! I have just bid on quite a few items. I'll let you know how it goes.
    M

    ReplyDelete