Monday, July 23, 2012

Weigh-in: Week 24

With great anticipation and hope, I went through the normal routine of a weigh-in-Monday.  I took a deep breath and prayed to the gravity gods that I wasn't pressing too much against the earth's surface this morning.  I needed to see a 2 as the first digit.  If it wasn't, I would have been mightily frustrated, but I would have carried on as usual.


The worrying was moot.  Victory was mine.  It is with great pride that I report a major victory.  I am no longer a 300+ pound man.  This is a major step toward normalcy.  Today I weighed in at 299 lbs. even, representing a 3.2 lb. loss for the week and a 65.4 lb. loss over all.  My body fat dropped 1% to 47.6% and the water percentage rose to 37.4%.


Now it is crunch time.  My addiction will feel a major need to strike back and try to take hold.  Even today, I had fleeting thoughts of celebrating via a slice of pizza or a glass of wine with dinner.  I abstained from both.  I don't roll that way anymore.


I did promise pictures of before and present once I hit 299.  Come back tomorrow for those shots and hopefully I too will see some major changes.  I haven't taken the current picture yet, but I know the before is very hard for me to look at.  I look as though I should have Met Life or Goodyear emblazoned across my large protruding gut.  Now, I no longer feel like I could be tethered and walked down 5th Ave. on Thanksgiving day.


Cya Tuesday,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi 7 Grain Nuggets w/fresh peach, toasted pecans and almond milk
Lunch ~ Chicken tender sandwich w/avocado and lite mayo on a whole grain deli flat and some pesto feta watermelon salad on the side (recipe this Thursday)
Snack ~ 2 slices of smoked turkey
Dinner ~ Some bread with brushcetta topping, clams in a fennel broth and a 1/2 portion of whole wheat spaghetti in puttanesca sauce
Exercise ~ 20 minutes on the treadmill before bed

2 comments: