Monday, July 9, 2012

Weigh-in: Week 22

Ever get the feeling that the cosmos is F'n with ya?  I guess I am in a good place right now, because despite the fact that I really feel like my karma train has been derailed, I'm okay with it.  Let me explain.  This past week when my family was visiting, we got on the topic of my nephew's lanky frame and the lack of body fat.  I had him retrieve my scale and we set it up for his height, sex and age.  I gave him his own user number and we then proceeded to check his brothers and my brother Bill.  Somehow my settings got changed on User 1 and it was no big deal.  I reset them to my proper stats.  That is no big deal until this morning's weigh-in, that is.


If you follow my blog regularly then, you know that last week I weighed in at 304.2 lbs. and my body fat and water percentages were 57.2 and 28.5 respectively.  For the third time in 22 weeks I am reporting a gain.   I went all the way up to 306.6, for a 2.4 lb. increase.  It could be any of a half dozen reasons and I certainly do not attribute it to the scale's settings.  What I find weird is that my body fat and water percentages are way off. This week they were 49.5% and 36.2%.  That adds up to the exact same proportions as all the previous weeks, but the numbers are seriously skewed.  This may be where there is a settings debacle.  Perhaps I am retaining water?  Dunno.  I do know that last week I had a bit more salt than in previous weeks, but I doubt it could result in such a dramatic shift.  I'll cut back on the sodium and alcohol this week and we'll see what happens next Monday.


Being so close to 300 and having a setback sucks, indeed, but my roll-with-the-punches demeanor is a testament to my new mindset.  I'm not getting discouraged or derailed.  It's a blip.  I'll be fine.


Cya Tuesday,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ I put together a nice two-egg omelet, with a little lean ham, one half slice of provolone, onions and tomatoes.  It came in at 315 calories or less.  It was fabulous!
Lunch ~ 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of smoked turkey on whole grain roll, with onions, tomato, avocado and chipotle lite mayo.  So good I wanted another.  I kept things in check, though.
Afternoon snack ~ A small bowl of cereal with almond milk and banana
Dinner ~ 6 vegetables, oyster mushrooms and tofu in a green coconut curry sauce over brown rice.
Exercise ~ A 35 minute walk with foster dog Fay.  She's a cutie and very sweet.  Who wants to take her home?

No comments:

Post a Comment