Wednesday, July 25, 2012

W.I.M.H.W. 07.25.12


It's been quite a week since last we went into my head. I've achieved a milestone and I feel like I am recapturing some of the enthusiasm I started this project with. Let's jump into a few things that are on my mind this last Wednesday in July, shall we?


Pictures Must Speak Volumes
I am kind of blown away by the amount of blog hits and support that has come from, not just the cross over from the 300s, but also from the pictures that I posted yesterday.  Yesterday's blog drew more attention than the weigh-in on Monday.  Quite unusual for a Tuesday.  People have been extremely kind with their comments and well-wishing.  This is a big part of why I do the blog.  Having folks behind me and cheering me on fuels my efforts all the more.


New Duds
I finally broke down and bought some new underwear.  This may be T.M.I. for some, but I touch upon all aspects (okay, not all) of what I am going through along my journey.  I was like a little kid at Christmas, waiting for my new tees, tanks and shorts to come in. (boxer briefs, for those with enquiring minds)  It is kind of funny how we get all wrapped up in the size on a little 3/4 inch tag.  It is mighty nice to wear properly fitting duds, that's for sure.  My new 3X skivvies don't make me look like the model on the package, but they no longer look or hang like the drapes in the window.


Getting Back My Cooking Mojo
I have been very active in the kitchen as of late.  I made mention of the fact that I was not only not getting enough veggies in my diet, but also that I didn't cook those interesting meals that got me started early on.  This week I have been cooking some great meals and have come of with some really good recipes, which I will share with you in upcoming weeks.  One such recipe is seen below.  It is vegetable "spaghetti" with chick pea "meatballs", lightly tossed in a garlic lemon sauce.  Very healthy and unbelievably good.  Look for it in a few weeks.  Also watch for quick and easy Jambalaya with brown rice, ready in under 25 minutes.


Cya tomorrow for Food Thursday,
M


What I ate and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi 7 Grain Nuggets w/banana, toasted pecan, and almond milk
Lunch ~ Smoked turkey and lean ham w/avocado, tomato and chipotle lite mayo on a multi-grain deli flat
Dinner ~ This is a switcheroo of sorts.  Tonight I ate what I posted for dinner yesterday.  Last night I enjoyed the  delicious plate of food you see right here.  It is "noodles" made from zucchini and carrots with "meatballs" made from chickpeas (just like an Italian falafel) in a lemon garlic sauce.
Exercise ~ 30 minutes of brisk dog walking 

No comments:

Post a Comment